Thread: Divx Player Component Information/news?

It sure would be nice to have a standalone divx player to play divx movies off of. So we wouldnt have to hook up our computer to the tv to play divx *.avi's. Anyone know any news or information about a player like this going out on the market anytime soon?

Hopefully if there is one it can be upgraded easily with codec pack installations.
    Mp3 players are becoming more common, so I dont see why a divx player wouldnt be able to come out. I'm sure there is a demand for em...heh

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    M8 theres already a KISS dvd player out ,which will play dvds,divx,
    mpeg-4 etc ..type kiss dvdplayer in google and u should find
    a site which seels them

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    would be nice if there were other players

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    those players used to exist but they dont anymore, you would rent a divx movie from store and play it, they connected to your phone line and dailed the divx place and tell it info (who,what,when,where ect) bout your movie and only would play for 48hrs, i bought me a divx player off ebay (for $20), thinkin why would anyone sell on of these babies... , but i did researce and found i was screwd, if i was you id stick to tv-out vid cardss

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@3 May 2003 - 18:17
    those players used to exist but they dont anymore, you would rent a divx movie from store and play it, they connected to your phone line and dailed the divx place and tell it info (who,what,when,where ect) bout your movie and only would play for 48hrs, i bought me a divx player off ebay (for $20), thinkin why would anyone sell on of these babies... , but i did researce and found i was screwd, if i was you id stick to tv-out vid cardss
    LOL- (no offence) my friend did the same exact thing-

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    haha i had to sell mine for $5