Thread: Window Washer

I have recently installed Window Washer and at first I had it clean my recycle bin out every time I washed.I have since unchecked the box to stop it from doing this.But now everything that goes in is invisible.If I click on file, the empty recycle bin is highlighted,so something is in there.If I highlite undo delete,it puts it back as normal.Am I missing something?Or is there a glich in the program.I run Win XP pro and it is the latest version of WW.
    Any takers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The same thing happened to me, it's kind of annoying because if you accidentally delete a file, there is no way to get it back. I wonder if webroots knows of this problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jeff24dupont
    I had the same problem with windows me.I would delete a file and it would be invisible after the washer.You could get them back,but i forget how i did it.I think if you do a search on files and folders you can find it,if you know the name of the file.I had to uncheck the recycle box and then hit the reset button on my computer to have scandisk to fix the problem.Hope they fix it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hi again,still cannot cure the problem of the files becoming invisible when they enter the recycle bin.I have tried uninstalling WW and I have even restored my comp to just before I installed WW but it is still the same.Please help.I am on win xp.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Im not sure this will work but you can try it if you wish

Start\My computer\C:
    Then click on
    Tools\folder options\click on the view tab\"show hidden files and folders"\untick
    "hide protected operating system files"
    You should see a file named recycler on your c: drive
    Like i said im not shure this will work

or another option is disable windows washer starting up when windows boots that worked for me anyway.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    In the standard wash itemes unchecked the recycle bin ,after that you can see the files in recycle bin

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thanks Guys for replying so quickly,but your advice makes no difference.As I said,even if I go back to a previous restore point I still can't see any deleted files in the recycle bin.I know it's not a major problem because I can restore the files even though I can't see them.The fact is, it just bugs me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i noticed this the first time i used it what i did and was works all the time.

i right click on the desktop and click undo delete, then i create an empty folder on the desk top
    then delete that, then right click on on the recycle bin then empty and it works fine after that.

*typed at 3:30 am

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks Feeling Disturbed, your tip worked. How on earth did you figure that out?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i cant remember now, i know i was doing something when i was programing and i accidently deleted the source code, so more then likely desperation and i try every possible combination till one works.