Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strachan Quote

manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't think JP was wondering who knows what schadenfreude is. That is fairly obvious - and if it isn't, you can Google.

I think he was wondering if anyone would understand why he was hoping for a night of revelling in another's misfortune and why their misfortune would be ironic.

The answer being he would be delighted if Germany lost to Poland because it would deeply hurt them as a nation, just as Poland had been deeply hurt as a nation by the Germans all those years ago.

When I say 'just as', what I mean to say is that the two events don't compare but short of invading Germany and killing a brazillion huns, it's as close as they're gonna get.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I don't think JP was wondering who knows what schadenfreude is. That is fairly obvious - and if it isn't, you can Google.

I think he was wondering if anyone would understand why he was hoping for a night of revelling in another's misfortune and why their misfortune would be ironic.

The answer being he would be delighted if Germany lost to Poland because it would deeply hurt them as a nation, just as Poland had been deeply hurt as a nation by the Germans all those years ago.

When I say 'just as', what I mean to say is that the two events don't compare but short of invading Germany and killing a brazillion huns, it's as close as they're gonna get.
    Nah, it was the word thing.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    :earl:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Tho', to be fair I had mused on the irony of the sporting event / previous invasion thing earlier in the day, but it wasn't in my mind when making the post.

Perhaps subconciously, who knows. That Darren Brown has a lot to answer for with his subconcious jedi mind games and so forth.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12