Thread: The Age Old Classic Printer Problem

Poster
    This is a very classic problem, and it's annoying the hell out of me that I can't fix it.

Simply when I go to print an image, I get severe horizontal banding as well as the colours being extra-wonky. I have no idea what is causing this. I've tried replacing the ink cartridges, cleaning the print heads and turning off fast printing, all to no avail.

This ones really got me stumped.

My printer is an all-in-one Epson CX3200 (USB). I've even tried it in a different USB port.

Can anyone help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Probably caused by blocked heads, even after cleaning (assuming you are talking about the built-in cleaning cycle).

What you need is some cleaning carts, particularly if you've alternated between genuine and compatible carts or compatibles of different brands.

Just an example, you can probably do better on price if you shop around. Once you've got the heads completely clear, buy either original or compatible carts, but stick to the same ones or the problem will just come back.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    If it's so classic then why can't you fix it?
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]