Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inboard Graphics Card Help

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    Originally posted by Spindulik@2 May 2003 - 05:44
    What motherboard do you have. There must be a number or ID on it. What computer system do have? DELL, Gateway, etc...

With that information, I can probably download the PDF file and tell you exactly what to do.
    HP Pavlion 6465

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Well, you still haven't told us what motherboard you have.
    Anyway...

First remove the display adaptor from 'Device Manager'.
    Device Usage [X] "Exists all hardware profile" <~ do i need to uncheck that also??
    No, In the main device manager window, Right click on ATI Rage and choose uninstall from the menu.

Restart your computer, when you see the first black screen with white text, press the [Del] (sometimes another key...depends on motherboard) key to get into the BIOS. Once in the BIOS look around for a setting to disable onboard video. Save changes and exit the BIOS. Turn off your PC.Insert the AGP card and bootup your computer. Once in windows, install the video driver suppied by ATI.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok i did everything u guys told me then I installed the card to AGP slot and plug back in the monitor cord and started up my computer, then 3 loud beeps came off my computer and the screen stayed black... What the hell happened did i forget something?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    HERE, this is what you need&#33;

Visit this site (your hp HP Pavlion 6465 is listed)...

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3688.html

Then visit this site...

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4061.html

Good Luck&#33; You&#39;ll get it to work&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by krome@2 May 2003 - 10:48
    ok i did everything u guys told me then I installed the card to AGP slot and plug back in the monitor cord and started up my computer, then 3 loud beeps came off my computer and the screen stayed black... What the hell happened&nbsp; did i forget something?
    Once in the BIOS look around for a setting to disable onboard video.
    Were you able to disable onboard video from within the BIOS before inserting the card?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Somebody1234+2 May 2003 - 09:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Somebody1234 @ 2 May 2003 - 09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--krome@2 May 2003 - 10:48
    ok i did everything u guys told me then I installed the card to AGP slot and plug back in the monitor cord and started up my computer, then 3 loud beeps came off my computer and the screen stayed black... What the hell happened did i forget something?
    Once in the BIOS look around for a setting to disable onboard video.
    Were you able to disable onboard video from within the BIOS before inserting the card? [/b][/quote]
    my BIOS does not have that option to disable it...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I got it to work, It wuz that i need it to disable the jumper to the vga on the board... OK things look str8 now i started playin quake3 better proformance untill a blue screen came up saying

PC Diagnosis

Is you Display Settings Correct?

Then the monitor shut off black and the light on the monitor starts blinking?

What happen what i did wrong help me out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12