Thread: Flatmate using all bandwidth constantly downloading movies, how yo thwart him ?

Hi

My damn flatmate is using all the bandwidth by downloading movies always, never stops, always crappy slow internet for me even though we have 8mb line, I know for a fact that he doesn't share after downloading, he just leeches.

How to stop him ? Can I block the port bit comet uses ? I don't have direct access to the router which is in the adjacent flat, we have a range extender here, i'm unsure which router model it is though I think it's belkin.

Can you help thwart him ?

Thanks
    Regards..
    Mike

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Just tell him to slow down. Didnt know it required forum help to answer that one.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There are programs out there that limit bandwidth you could try one of those and see if it works.Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000
    Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened
    That would be my first and I recommend it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You guys crack me up believe. I would go round his house and cut his wire.....which i have done to someone that got on my nerves. He wont realise it until he actually thinks really hard. But with the modem its there near your PC lol so either way he can get a new one right away. Are these tips legal.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    warfab's Avatar TorrntSiteListUpdter
    Quote Originally Posted by zak2210
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000
    Last resort go over there and smash his modem into 100 pieces and say you dont know what happened
    That would be my first and I recommend it
    LOL