Thread: Kazaa'd Xp Pro Question

nizers's Avatar Poster
    Right now i'm running HE which came with my HP computer. I've DL'd TRShady's verified of the PRO version but want to know what all comes with this. I'm assuming that this copy is a rip of a store purchased copy. I'm pretty sure that i'll lose all my other software that came with me computer (unless i back it up of course). But i just wanna know what all i need to backup...er, not need to backup i guess.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I am not sure of you question...are you trying to install WinXp and get rid of WinME? Yes, you will lose all installed programs if you do a reformat and clean install. You can do an upgrade, but many programs will not respond after that, forcing you to reinstall the programs.

Just backup you music, movies, appliacations, and whatever you want. If you have contacts for email, back them up too.

I suggest you do a clean install, but I have heard stories that an upgrade is ok, I just had no luck with the upgrade, after I did a clean install, all has been working very well.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I would'nt do that with a hewlet packard, computers that are made by dell and hewlet packard and the like, have specific hardware that you will have driver problems and the like.
    The operating systems(me, 2000, xp ect) installed on these brands are altered to run these componets.

install at your own risk.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    From you'r description I'm willing to bet you have the exact same system. Firstly the 449123kb version of windows xp pro won't install from dos so you need to format you'r system (blast ALL the partitions, they have a backup partition that might cause problems). Make a 2gig partion then install windows 98 on that, once that's done you can install windows xp on the remaining space. This means that you get clean Program Files and Windows folders (including a system to play dos games on). All the hardware will auto detect, trust me on this one. IMMEDIATLY install Norton Antivirus 2003 and quarantine all the viruses in the windows folder.

Only one HP system comes with HE, the pavillion 720a right? It really makes no difference, you will have no problems even if you'r system is different since the basic points are the same.

1. Won't install from dos
    2. Backup partition

Don't fix the windows xp file in the shared folder or the difference will mean LOTS of corrupt files to those unlucky enough to download it off you. On a sidenote, don't alter any of the files before installing or you'll be in DEEP excrement.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    What!!? You want me to install Win 98 and XP Pro?? What's the point in doing that? i don't want Win98. BTW.. i have the Pavilion 752n. Actually, what i think i'll do since i wanted to do a clean install is just first clean install my Home Edition and then run the Pro Version Installer. That should let me keep and transfer over all of my bundled software that i want to keep with all the benifits of having a clean install.

Where's TRShady when i need to ask him a ??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Oh yea.. still nobodies answered my original ?? What all comes with TRShady's verified version of XP Pro?? IE i'm assuming. annoying AOL setup programs??

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Anybody??