Thread: Encryption

gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Is there any way of putting encryption on say limewire so i am not affected by the fair usage policy.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Depends on how your isp is managing your usage, encryption won't help you because all of the types of encryption will slow you down so much you won't need to be limited.

If you can find out what port they are limiting try using a different one, however if they are throttleing your connection there's nothing you can do other than find another ISP, however most of these fair use policy's are during peak hours and your connection remains untouched off peak hours, again this varies with isp.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yaaaa

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah the information is not for me lol. Its for someone i know thats has tiscali. Im with blueyonder and damnnn its good because there are no fair usage policies.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    encryption only hides the type of data being transferred, not the amount.
    most isps fair usage policies cap the amount of data being transferred, and encrypting it wont do much good. the isp would still know ur downloading alot, just not what shape the packets are.