Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Things about the World Cup

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    The best thing is its a true "World" Tourney and nice to see the little guys do well . Tongo must of had a blast , just wish it had a stipulation that you have to be born in the country you play for .

Why would you wish that puntsphere is different to every other sport in the world regarding eligibility to play for a country.

A bloke lives all his life in Wales, has Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents but just so happens to have been born prematurely when his mother was on holiday in Tongo so now he has play his footie for a country that doesn't even exist?

That's a bit h4r5h.
    Well your probably right just thinking that the birth country paid for it ,trained him , developed him just to go on to a better side ? Oh fuck it Hardgraves comes to mind .

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Hargreaves sucks bawls anyway.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The wife can't understand why Terry Henry doesn't play for England, because he's an Arsenal player

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Don't start on silly wimmin comments about football

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Why would you wish that puntsphere is different to every other sport in the world regarding eligibility to play for a country.

A bloke lives all his life in Wales, has Welsh parents and Welsh grandparents but just so happens to have been born prematurely when his mother was on holiday in Tongo so now he has play his footie for a country that doesn't even exist?

That's a bit h4r5h.
    Well your probably right just thinking that the birth country paid for it ,trained him , developed him just to go on to a better side ? Oh fuck it Hardgraves comes to mind .
    Oh, I see. I thought you were talking generally rather than a selfish motivation to see Canadia stubbornly cling onto a guy who clearly doesn't want to play for you.

You want to deny a chap of an opportunity to live out his boyhood dream and test himself against the best in the World Cup just so that he can play for your country against the might of Guatemala and Alaska in the Labbatts Sponsored Husky Confederation Hyper Cup.

You're a hard man, Peat
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123