Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to get an iPod, what software do I need?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Hey everyone. I am going to be buying the 30 gb iPod movie soon, I was just wondering what kinds of software I would need that you guys that have iPods use to make your life easier. I have already downloaded the ipod plug-in for winamp, and I have found other drag-and-drop programs that make the ipod seem like an hdd, is there anything else I could use? And is there any way to "brick" your iPod with any of this stuff?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    I do have an iPod 40GB Video as well but the only program I use with it is Winamp(With the plug-in already integrated) I do not use anything else and life seems pretty easy for me as it is...

But after reading that what do you mean by 'brick'?
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    By brick I mean.."to become unusable". I have read many stories online about people's iPod's randomly becoming unusable, and the PC not being able to recognize it anymore, and some people have to return their iPod. I also got the latest version of ml_ipod for winamp. So I didnt need that because its already built in the latest version? Oops.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 06-21-2006 at 05:55 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    By brick I mean.."to become unusable". I have read many stories online about people's iPod's randomly becoming unusable, and the PC not being able to recognize it anymore, and some people have to return their iPod. I also got the latest version of ml_ipod for winamp. So I didnt need that because its already built in the latest version? Oops.
    Nah, you got everything you need. Make sure to get ml_ipod 1.40 though. It was just released on 6/12 with A LOT of updates and fixes.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah I read alot about the problems on the winamp website, I have 1.4. I was wondering if I convert the videos to ipod format with some software i have downloaded, can I use winamp/mlipod to send the videos to my ipod??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Yeah I read alot about the problems on the winamp website, I have 1.4. I was wondering if I convert the videos to ipod format with some software i have downloaded, can I use winamp/mlipod to send the videos to my ipod??
    Not sure. I have a Nano. I don't see why not though, as you can download iPod video material.

Visit www.mlipod.com and I'll sure you'll find the answer.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Does the mlipod's latest version have something that the one built into winamp doesn't have?
    I've found no use for the plugin since winamp got the support integrated.

That's all I use for my ipod. Don't need anything else, no idea what you need to put videos on it though.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Alright I have been playing around with it a bit, and have gotten pretty frustrated. Winamp for some reason after about sending 10 or so albums to the ipod, says that the ipod is full, even though I would only be taking up like 5 GB out of 30 GB for example. I would close out of winamp, and open it back up again, and then everything would be okay and I could continue sending albums, but I would have to repeat this closing-out-action after about every 10 or so albums. Does anybodyd know why this happens? And I managed to send videos successfully to the ipod usinga cucusoft ipod movie and video converter. I had a question if someone wouldnt mind answering it. How would I get my videos to go into the different categories like Music Videos, Movies, etc. All the videos I send to it no matter what they are go to the "Movies" category. I couldnt find any way to change that in the file info or anything. OH and also, does anyone know how I could send album art to the ipod? Because using winamp, it doenst send album art, I tried to use itunes for this, but it mananged to royally misunderstand my music collection. I forgot why I never used it in the first place. It starting giving album names to things that werenet true, and putting songs from the same album, in two different albums, or just just having repetitions of the same album. Agh! But if someone can answer my questions that would be nice!! :] Thank you!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Retired
    -edit
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-22-2006 at 03:09 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10

This is my problem, I dont have the "TV Shows" category on my ipod. Apparently this is just a bug in the 1.1.1 firmware for the Ipod. I have tried to use ipodwizard to downgrade, but for some reason, I dont have a sysinfo directory or file in my Devices folder on my ipod. Why??
    Last edited by orcutt989; 06-23-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast