Thread: Help

Question Mark

I downloaded a piece of software via Limewire. I now get a message everytime I reboot saying that the software registration is illegal and a report has been sent to the manufacters, quoting my I.P. address and details. Am I doomed? Im only hoping cause Im in the UK and its a US message (i.e. dollars etc) that I may be outside a duristriction of somesort. Ive removed the software but it still keeps popping up.Anyone advise me what to do? By the way, the software was PCMedik if that helps.
    Last edited by lazyeejay; 06-24-2006 at 09:21 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Be more carefull about running software from untrustworth sources. Running .exe's from gnutella is a good way to break your computer.

Hijackthis will give you a list of programs that run when your computer starts up.
    The most likely place it is loading from is the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    With care you can probably get rid of it with regedit.
    start button->run->type regedit in the box
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.