Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [56k warning!] So yummy and sweet mmmm

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Heart

This is just a little project I cooked up a few weeks ago, I don't plan on actually buying any of this till April when I move to the bigger house, there's no point in buying it now and just leaving it in my room to collect dust (not enough room in my room at the moment). Also, by april 07 I'm fully aware that prices will be much less than shown here, and that technology wise these will be hella outdated. I'm posting these as a reference, so when I buy the stuff in april 07 they will be as new according to that time frame as these products are new according to the present time frame (relativistically). Meh, im bored, here we go.

COMPUTER:
    Price shown below are from www.alinx.ca from June 22nd, 2006. Prices subject to change, total shown on page 2 is assuming tax is 14%.

Note: prices will change by April.

AMD
    Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ Socket-939 2x512K Box
    CAD$409.00

Thermaltake Fanless103 (CL-P0019) Copper Base & Aluminum Fin
    CAD$59.00

Asus A8N-SLI S939 nForce4 SLI Chipset 2PCI-E/3+2PCI/4DDR, w/Sound Gigabit Lan SATA Raid USB 2.0 ATA-133
    CAD$128.00

OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K 1G PC3200 Kit (2x512MB)
    CAD$118.00

eVGA E-GEFORCE 7600GT 256M DDR PCI-E (256-P2-N553-AX
    CAD$208.00

ThermalTake Soprano VB1000BWS 20" Tower Black w/Side Window
    CAD$108.00

Enermax 470W w/Noise Taker
    CAD$89.00

Western Digital WD3200KS 320GB 16MB SATAII
    CAD$148.00

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    CAD$75.00

Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Rechageble Mouse Retail Box
    CAD$69.00

Acer 19" AL1916W 1440X900 500:1 8ms BK Wide LCD
    CAD$229.00

Sub-Total: $1640

Total after Taxes: $1869.60

--------------------------------------------------------------

Home Theatre:
    Price shown below are from various locations (website/store listed next to item) and from June 22nd, 2006. Prices subject to change, total shown on bottom of page is assuming tax is 14%.

Prima 42" Widescreen LCD HDTV** (LC42K) @ BestBuy
    CAD$2,099.99

Samsung HDMI Tall Boy 5-Disc Home Theatre System (HT-TQ85) @ Futureshop
    CAD$699.99

Haier 5,200 BTU Air Conditioner (HWF05XC6) @ BestBuy
    CAD$129.99

KLIPPAN Loveseat @ Ikea
    CAD$529.99
    Not on the list: Ottoman, Glass Audio rack, glass shelves. Price in brackets includes the the ottoman, audio rack, and shelves.

Sub-Total: $3359.96 ($3996.54)

Total after Taxes: $4058.34 ($4556.06)

Instruments:
    Price shown below are from various locations (website/store listed next to item) and from June 22nd, 2006. Prices subject to change, total shown on page is assuming tax is 14%.

EMG 61 and 80 @ Long & McQuade
    CAD $270.00 (135.00x2)

EMG Installation CAD $120.00 (approax, incl. strings, intonation, etc.)
    @ 3rd party

Spider II 112 75Watt Amplifier @ Long and McQuade
    CAD $382.12

Drum set not included in list.

Sub-Total: $772.12

Total after Taxes: $880.22

Music List, I recently gave my collection away (bought, burned, etc.) to my cousin, gave him the metal flu, and unfortanately for him he's too young to work. I've had my run with these old CD's (the ones I bought anyway) so they're his now. But I would like to rebuy the bought colleciton I had plus some other ones that I downloaded but are def. worth the money.

I'm not even gonna bother formatting the music list, so here's a screeshot:

Comments, concerns, queries. Gotta wait till next year for all this though Sad thing is, I have the money (except the home theater stuff, which I'll earn this summer) right now

Edit: Yes, this is all gonna be going in my room come April. Should be hella of a project fitting it all in (dont forget that there WILL be a drum set in there too). It's a master-bedroom if anyone is wondering.

Edit-edit: If anyone is wondering why I'm buying another LCD TV and a computer monitor is because I'm most likely gonna sell the 27" that I have now (being used as my current comp. monitor as well), or I might just keep it. Either way, I want a big 40-42" to hang up on wall, and trust me, anything bigger than a 21" screen for comp use will kill your eyes. I'm testiment to that, using a 27" screen did a number on my eyes for the time I've had it (less than a year).
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 06-23-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The "wanting" is better than "having".
    It is nice to dream, hope yours comes true.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    The "wanting" is better than "having".
    It is nice to dream, hope yours comes true.
    I kind of get where you're coming from, still not sure. It kinda pisses me off cuz I have the money but it'd be pointless in buying all that right now. And who knows, come april 07 I might not even buy this stuff for various reasons. So for now, that "wanting" will make me get off of my ass in summer and go to work even though I won't be spending a penny from my earnings this summer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Hm, how long have you been saving up?

Or, if you're a rich cunt, how much do you make?

Dammit, student life sux, part time min. wage jobs suck ass.

Good thing I'm getting my NLS soon, so hopefully I'll get a job as a lifeguarding making $15/hr this summer

Now, just practicing da piano like mad so I can get my ARCT and teach piano, making $40/hr. Sweet.

I want all that stuff

No, I need all that stuff.

M'kay then, watch out azad, I'll liek, find out where you live and burlarize your new house next April.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Hm, how long have you been saving up?

Or, if you're a rich cunt, how much do you make?

Dammit, student life sux, part time min. wage jobs suck ass.

Good thing I'm getting my NLS soon, so hopefully I'll get a job as a lifeguarding making $15/hr this summer

Now, just practicing da piano like mad so I can get my ARCT and teach piano, making $40/hr. Sweet.

I want all that stuff

No, I need all that stuff.

M'kay then, watch out azad, I'll liek, find out where you live and burlarize your new house next April.
    Hahaha, nice.

First off man I'm a student too. I make all my money in the summer, and part time during school. Not so easy when you are in grade 12 might I add. And no, I'm anything but rich (although I have a plan to set that straight ).

I have been saving up for this little project since last two months, and no not all the money came from my P/T job, most from family and stuff for graduation and what not (being accepted into the ROTP for Air force).

Plan on making the money for the home theater this summer, should not be a problem. Problem being I have to wait till April .

On a side note, under the ROTP program, the military pays for your entire University costs (up to 5 years maximum, usually only 4 years for a bachelors degree), and on top of that you get a military salary (pay grade of Officer Cadet) comes to about 1150 bucks a month after the deductions, not bad eh? lol, getting paid to go to free university . ALSO the monthly pay increases every year over 4 years (4 year degree bachelors) until I become a 2nd Lt. So basically 1st year univ. I get 1150 a month, 2nd year I get 12-somethig, 3rd year 13-something and final year I believe is 1400 after deductions.

Do a quick calculation and see how much I will have made by April just from military cheques alone (I don't start getting paid from military until September though).

The job(s) I'll have this summer will be the last civillian job(s) I'll have for the next 13 years
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 06-24-2006 at 12:39 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Sweet, that seriously rocksz0rs big time. Just hope April comes earlier for you:

Hm, I might consider the ROTP now, not a bad way to make money by going to university.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Sweet, that seriously rocksz0rs big time. Just hope April comes earlier for you:

Hm, I might consider the ROTP now, not a bad way to make money by going to university.
    If you're as smart as you claim you are (you did say you were in IB) then you will have no problems what so ever getting in, I barely got in with like 85% average (Math12, Phys12, Chem12, Calculus 1st year univ course, English12) so ya I'm not that smart man trust me (when it comes to other ppl applying for univ.).

Just keep in mind you have to seve as an Officer in the Canadian Forces for a minimum of 5 years after getting your degree (the contract is actually for 9 years after your degree, but after the first 5 you are free to go). It's also a good thing though, cuz basically you get a job in the field that you got your degree like the day after you get your degree so that's awesome, job security is there 100%.

I'm taking engineering at SFU, and I want to go in as a pilot but still awaiting my results from the aircrew selection thingy I went to back in May, if not pilot then I'm going in as a communication officer (CELE), since you need an engineering or computing science degree to become a comm. officer (for pilot they dont care what degree you get, you can get any).

So ya it's perfect if you want a "free" (nothing is free lol) education plus money too, and basically a 5 year contract so you'll have a job in what you're getting your degree in after you get your bachelors, its not a bad deal. Just make sure to ask a lot of fucking questions and only do it if you are 110% sure you want to.

Here's a link for you to check out and anyone else interested, and no, I'm not advertising for the forces, simply providing information:

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engr...t/index_e.aspx

Oh and just cuz I'm going to SFU (univ of my choice) doesnt mean you will, you might end up going to RMC (royal military collage) I chose not too because they deduct half your pay cheque for like living and board and stuff, also because I did not want to go out east, but from what I've heard it's an awesome University (think Westpoint) and is considered Ivy League standard wise. You can only go to RMC if you're chosen (overall rounded person, like you have the community service, good marks, above avg. physical fitness, no serious medical issues, etc.). I was offered a room there, but like I said, not for me.

But ya if you do end up getting the chance to go to RMC, it's still your choice to turn em down.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 06-24-2006 at 02:10 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    why are you deciding about all this now? what if something new and really good comes out...then what you just wasted your time...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I've decieded I'm not going to buy a gaming rig anymore..I want to drive in November. If I want those 20 inch chrome wheels with the low profile tires, Im gonna need to save over the summer. Working with my dad 3 days a week at 20$/h..I should have it pretty quick. I also want to redo the sound system..not only replacing the current speakers, but getting a custom box built for the trunk.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    nice shopping list u got there,

just woundering r u planning on getting it all at once it just getting it as u get the money?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast