Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philippines abolishes the death penalty

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    MANILA, Philippines --President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo signed a law abolishing the death penalty on Saturday, giving final approval to a measure that divided many Filipinos.

Arroyo, who like most of her people is Roman Catholic, sought to assure the nation that her opposition to capital punishment had not undermined her commitment to fighting crime.

Thought this was interesting, one would think they would of kept it in their fight against terrorism .

Link : http://www.boston.com/news/world/asi...death_penalty/

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    It's because they want to join the EU. Where the death penalty is illegal under the European Convention on Human Rights. Article 1 as I recall.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    That makes sence then ,I always admired the forward thinking of the Phlip's a woman president was a good move .

Wish Canada would bring back capital punishment tho even if just for crimes against children .

What with DNA testing now less chance of a wrongful conviction too I would guess .
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-24-2006 at 03:32 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    FFS, this is one of the worst threads ever.

Right, lets think about stuff for a minute.

No, honest, I want you to pause.

Why the flying mother fucking arse is the death penalty going to put off a bloke who thinks he's going to get fortyleven virgins in heaven.

War against terror my arse - it's clearly a domestic issue and it's a good thing that they're not going to kill people in a retribution stylee.

You know I make sense.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by dry snitch
    Why the flying mother fucking arse is the death penalty going to put off a bloke who thinks he's going to get fortyleven virgins in heaven.
    depends on how the death penalty is viewed. IMO it is not a deterent, it is a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by dry snitch
    War against terror my arse - it's clearly a domestic issue and it's a good thing that they're not going to kill people in a retribution stylee.
    who said "War against terror"? that is a bush administration slogan.
    the Philippines had domestic terrorist problem long before we joined the club, and just because it is domestic doesn't mean they aren't terrorists, but that was just one example of when the death sentence could be enacted.
    Last edited by vidcc; 06-25-2006 at 10:07 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    depends on how the death penalty is viewed. IMO it is not a deterent, it is a punishment

lolz. "if you kill someone, we won't lock you up for life, we'll kill you in the quickest most painless way we can think of."

great punishment. fag

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

lolz. "if you kill someone, we won't lock you up for life, we'll kill you in the quickest most painless way we can think of."

great punishment. fag
    yes indeed, serving time with 3 meals a day, television and an exercise yard is rather more harsh than being excecuted.
    Death rows are just full of people trying to get excecuted so they don't have to be incarcerated and those serving life are just begging to end it all
    And if some want to die...good riddance.
    Last edited by vidcc; 06-25-2006 at 10:57 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc

great punishment. fag
    yes indeed, serving time with 3 meals a day, television and an exersise yard is rather more harsh than being excecuted.
    Death rows are just full of people trying to get excecuted so they don't have to be incarcerated and those serving life are just begging to end it all
    Uh, I'd rather die than getting raped 3 times a day in prison .
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

great punishment. fag
    yes indeed, serving time with 3 meals a day, television and an exercise yard is rather more harsh than being excecuted.
    lolz. and no-one has ever tried to kill themselves in prison and nobody has ever decided to stop being a criminal cawk smoker and no-one has ever been found not guilty after being convicted and nobody has ever wanted to be a martyr for a cause and noone has ever tried to commit suicide by cop.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    yes indeed, serving time with 3 meals a day, television and an exersise yard is rather more harsh than being excecuted.
    Uh, I'd rather die than getting raped 3 times a day in prison .
    you seem to have a very high opinion as to your own attractiveness or a low opinion of your reputation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast