Thread: WEIRD PC Problem...

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I have an extremely weird computer problem.. Well on my secondary computer that I let my Sister and Father use.. And while I was at work I guess they were doing their usual thing or just Browsing the Internet and Playing games... And when I returned home there was a note on my Computer that said the computer got messed up... And so I tried to fix it.. They mentioned the mouse died... But anywho the computer was off and the computer is never off as we leave it on all the time... But anyway when I tried to boot it up the first time.. It glitched up on me and on the windows loading screen where the blue bars go across it froze and made that error noise of 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee', so I restarted againa nd everything loaded up right, and the mouse was working right.. So I thought all was good so I left it alone until my Parents and sister came back home and she tried to surf the web to well no connection..

So the problem is.. how do I get the internet to work again? And again the ONLY thing that was 'tampered' with is the Mouse as my Dad I guess tried swapping mouses as he thought theirs died, but that wasn't the problem. But then when I check the internet connection, sent/recieve = 0, and if I go to Support>Details it is BLANK... If I use Command Prompt nothing works.. All I get is the line "Windows IP Configuration" and the Device does show that it is working properly.. So I do not know what else to try asides from the 99% cure of Formatting which I can't do due to no burner on that computer.... So I am hoping there is another method of making it work without having to format.

I am trying to think of what else there is to mention... Oh, I cannot access the Router Page through that computer and I tried directly connecting the connection to that computer with same results... And I doubt it is the Network Card that is at fault since well nothing happened to it.. and I doubt if the computer was turned off due to the mouse not working would affect it in any way...

Well if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreaciate it, thank you in advance.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Hardware can go wrong at any time - when it's in use, being turned off or when you turn the machine on.

Access the router through another computer on the network and check that it has no restrictions set for computer access (only allowing certain MAC addresses to connect etc)
    If it's a wi-fi router, change the password and check all settings carefully.
    Check its log to see if the MAC address of the NIC on the computer with the problem has tried to connect and failed.

It would really help if you told us what type of connection you have and what hardware is involved. Router model, computer specs etc.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Bah sorry to disregard the problem but things have gotten worse now...

I have a Epox 8RDA+ on the other computer but now I can't even boot it up as I read the Port80 I get the codes of FF->C1->26->29->26

And from what I have read 26 = Overclocked too much, funny thing is I never overclocked anything in my life >< And yeah, before I kept getting C1 and it makes all these beeping sounds... But now it seems to consistantly do those combinations... So now I dunno....
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    wish I knew what you were talking about.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008