Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile handset that's like a good camera, ipod and quad-band all in one

Mobile handset that's like a good camera, ipod and quad-band all in one

Hi, i'm looking to buy a new Nokia (unless someone can convince me otherwise) multi-use handphone. By multi-use, I mean specifically, DIGITAL CAMERA, MP3 PLAYER and TRI/QUAD-BAND telephone - ALL IN ONE PRODUCT.

I'm thinking NOKIA 3250
    http://www.nokia.com.hk/nokia/0,,85469,00.html

but that's only because I saw an ad.

I'm in China now (but I think it's too expensive), to buy such a phone here, so my question is about getting "the right phone" in HONG KONG.

What model (aside from the 3250), would you recommend for someone who has GIGABYTES of music, takes LOADS of pictures and TRAVELS constantly (sometimes to different continents).

I NEED A PHONE:
    - that can play my MP3z (and store them) - 5GB (though I'll settle for less)
    - take clear, beautiful digital pictures (and via USB upload them to computer)
    - be operable in different countries with relative ease (unlocked network, easy SIM card swapping)

I'm a traveller, so my budget is limited, but I'll take the model that's economical (if I can).

HOW MUCH would such a phone go for in HONG KONG?

Would it absolutely have to be the NOKIA 3250 (or are there older (less costly) alternatives that present or former owners can vouch for?

REMEMBER, one phone - 3 uses.

Thanks in advance for your model recommendations, prices and locations (in Hong Kong) to go shopping

side-note:

What's a good site that displays the world's operable mobile frequency/GSM zones? (for example, which countries fall under the 800mhz, which under the 1900mhz, etc...) This would help me a lot as I travel.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    SonyEricsson K800/W800 or whatever the *800 is.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've got a Nokia N91, it's got a 2meg camera, 4 gig of storage and it probably has that other thing you want too.

The only thing is that it's like a brick c.f. with the Razr I had before
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    anyone have a free old cell phone they dont want? Cuz i could really use a razr...i really wish i had one

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    anyone have a free old cell phone they dont want? Cuz i could really use a razr...i really wish i had one
    They suck ass.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    hahah still i could use a better cell phone than my moto v557 anyone got any extra? i can probly get a charger myself...please someone tell me yes

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You want someone to give you a free cell phone and you already have a v557?

Get real. There are plenty of people who don't even have a cell phone. It's not like it's even a necessity.

If you think you need something better than you already have then go out and buy it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Hey, someone gave me his old one when he got a Razr.

Actually, turning in an old phone was part of the upgrade deal, so I gave him my old (read prehistoric) nokia (which I had already upgraded with no turn in deal) to turn in and he gave me the Motorola.

I only wanted it so I could have an unlocked phone, and I would have had to pay to unlock the Nokia. In hindsight I wish I'd paid to have the Nokia unlocked.

BTW, he's a little unhappy with his Razr, but since he'd already had a Motorola I guess his expectations weren't too high, otherwise he'd probably be totally pissed off like just about everyone else.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    The V551 is a great phone, I have one. Ive dropped it down the stairs, my dogs gotten ahold of it, ive had people trample over it. Motorola makes very sturdy phones, unlike Nokia.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chojin's Avatar In Hell With SaTan
    The new Sony Ericsson W950i is going to kick ass 4gb flash mem as standard.

I have a W800i and thats uber cool
    ---------
    SYSTEM
    ---------
    AMD 3800x2 64BIT
    ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM
    3GB Corsair TwinX 3200 Cas 2
    XFX 7800GT Extreem
    2 x 250GB Samsung SATA2 7200 8MB
    160GB WD HDD External
    120GB WD HDD External
    520W HyperPower