Thread: Windows Washing machine

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sculpture made out of a 'normal' personal computer, an electrical tincan-opener, an alu-frame and two roadbricks.
    The computer rotates 360 degrees around its axis. All desktop elements such as windows, buttons and scrollbars respond to the constantly changing direction of gravity: they fall to the bottom of the screen all the time.
    A little stone is attached to the mouse which is also connected to the computer and functions as a balancing receptor. When the computer rotates, the mouse clicks and releases by the changes in gravity.

Windows Washing machine
    Last edited by 100%; 06-28-2006 at 07:36 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't get it.

Why would anything on the screen move due to any rotation from the PC itself.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I don't get it.

Why would anything on the screen move due to any rotation from the PC itself.
    I think it's something to do with the mouse.

What I don't get is why is this called window washing machine.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    washing machine turns, clothes fall down - this pc turns and all desktop icons etc also fall down
    pretty banal actually

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    washing machine turns, clothes fall down - this PC turns and all desktop icons etc also fall down
    pretty banal actually
    I think everyone understood that analogy, but what makes the icons coincide with the PC as it turns? Obviously if I turn my PC or monitor on it's side, the icons will not follow.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the mouse, as it can only control one icon at a time.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    washing machine turns, clothes fall down - this PC turns and all desktop icons etc also fall down
    pretty banal actually
    I think everyone understood that analogy, but what makes the icons coincide with the PC as it turns? Obviously if I turn my PC or monitor on it's side, the icons will not follow.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the mouse, as it can only control one icon at a time.
    It's probably a program running on top of windows, I don't think any of those are real images.

It said something about the button being clicked as the computer goes around, each click must tell teh computer that the icons need to move.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is this software?