Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is the best Usenet service. ??

erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    If you are willing to spend $15/month then get NewsHosting. Unlimited download, 8 connections, 45 day retention. And if you pay for a full year, you get a discount (averages to like $13/month). By far the best deal. You get the most out of your money.

If you will only spend $10/month then get PowerUsenet. 50 day retention, 8 connections and 25 GB downloads per month (not much but its the best deal you will find for $10/month). Another downside to PowerUsenet is you cannot post. Of course, I doubt many people post anywayz. Newsgroups is mostly a leeching service.

Anything less than $10/month is really not worth it. And if you are going to pay $10/month might as well upgrade to Newsgroups with that $13/month. Unlimited download, and ability to post. Of course, the rentention goes down 5 days but thats like nothing.
    Last edited by erRor67; 08-21-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

2. Newsgroups   -   #22

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by erRor67 View Post
    If you are willing to spend $15/month then get NewsHosting. Unlimited download, 8 connections, 45 day retention. And if you pay for a full year, you get a discount (averages to like $13/month). By far the best deal. You get the most out of your money.

If you will only spend $10/month then get PowerUsenet. 50 day retention, 8 connections and 25 GB downloads per month (not much but its the best deal you will find for $10/month). Another downside to PowerUsenet is you cannot post. Of course, I doubt many people post anywayz. Newsgroups is mostly a leeching service.

Anything less than $10/month is really not worth it. And if you are going to pay $10/month might as well upgrade to Newsgroups with that $13/month. Unlimited download, and ability to post. Of course, the rentention goes down 5 days but thats like nothing.
    I agree completely, Newshosting is awesome and actually you can get NZBs that are 75+ d old from them with no incompletes, I have no complaints especially since I just got hooked up with charter at 10mb down and 1mb up NH actually gives me 10mb all day long!!

3. Newsgroups   -   #23

Urgent

I know it's hard to tell, but "newsDemon" has none of the real groups and is just like using your ISP's news-service -- may be fast but none of the real messages or groups appear!

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    TWO-AND-A-HALF YEAR-OLD THREAD? REALLY? And on your first post, too. Way to go, slugger.
    Not sure what that file's gonna do? Check it with ANUBIS - Analyzing Unknown Binaries
    Is that site DOWN FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME?

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think this newbie holds the record for oldest thread bump in FST history.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Maybe he actually did the right thing, used the search button

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Maybe he actually did the right thing, used the search button
    lol I guess he did

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123