Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 81% Approval Rating. God Help Us!

I just saw on CNN that even if WMD are not found in Iraq, 81% of Americans consider the war on Iraq justified.

Are we really that stupid and brainwashed?

I've been awake for 36 hours and my keyboard has been mysteriously been rearranged, but even I can't believe this.

I was afraid of this, hence my post, "Who cares about the people of Iraq?", which was to keep people focused on the justification of the war, not to be distracted by the "liberation of the oppressed" hype.

Troops returning home, fathers reunited with their children- stock response tripe. I'm embarrassed for my country. You bunch of stupid hicks! Check to see if there is a hand up your ass, because you are nothing but puppets. Don't let the prestidigitators fool you.

Accountability is essential. Freedom means the freedom to think for yourself, not parrot nationalistic propaganda.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    ----Edited due to profound stupidity----
    Man U fer eva

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by hobbes@2 May 2003 - 18:45
    I just saw on CNN that even if WMD are not found in Iraq, 81% of Americans consider the war on Iraq justified.

Are we really that stupid and brainwashed?
    I have to wonder where CNN polled to get such results. A VFW Post?

At our homeowners Assn. meeting last night my sense was that 81% of the people out here think Bush is an idiot. And Colorado is a staunchly Republican state.
    We are facing school closures, library closures, lay offs of firefighters ( in the middle of a drought, after the massive wildfires of last year&#33 and police,etc., etc., etc. and Bush wants a massive tax cut.
    He has already spent billions prosecuting the war and proposes to spend billions more to rebuild Iraq ( although much of that will come back here via Halliburton...oh wait, that's right, large corporations don't pay taxes, do they? Nevermind.) and still thinks he can increase his popularity by shoving through a tax cut which even some Republicans gag on.
    Many folks around here wish Bush's plane had missed the flight deck last night.

Oddly enough, Bush in a flight suit looks even dumber than Bush in his cowboy outfit.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Percentage of americans who believed in early march that SH was involvedin the 9/11 attacks: 45
    weeks before this poll was taken that president bush said that he "can't make the claim" of such a link: 5

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    But worse than Dukakis in a tank?

Patriotism is great, we all love the opportunities we have as Amercian citizens, but we must always question and always justify the actions of our government.

Several have stated that the current regime is out to distract the American public of hardships at home, by counting on their patriotic support of troops abroad. Lets hope its not that superficial.

38 hours and 6 beers later, still more insightful than the average beer swilling, Jerry Springer watching, crossdressing American.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    the only thing that's going to result from 'freeing iraq' is hordes of
    hairy asse'd arabs coming to uk with their hands out saying 'where's my benefits, house,car, and job. i don't think they get away with it in the US
    but they do in the UK, and we're already full to overflowing. pissed off billyfridge
    Yeah good one.

The old oppressive regime was the reason Iraqis came looking for asylum. And since when do asylum seekers get a free car?

As for the topic at hand, that statistic is a little scary if it's true. I can understand it though, media manipulation is a clever thing. Toppling statues, reuniting families etc. are powerful images and makes it easy to think all is right with the world and a great president does a great job.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Percentage of americans who believed in early march that Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks: 45
    Weeks before this poll was taken that president bush said that he "can't make the claim" of such a link: 5
    --harpers index, may 03

as far as i'm concerned it's no coincidence that the world's most powerful nation has such an apathetic, gullible electorate, nurtured by a lame duck media. there's just too much at stake to let reality get in the way.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As usual in this situation, it is late, and I must get up early. I see I am outnumbered, too.....
    I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@2 May 2003 - 20:20
    As usual in this situation, it is late, and I must get up early. I see I am outnumbered, too.....
    I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
    Please do j2.

It's no fun agreeing amongst ourselves.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Clocker,

Get the f*ck out of my head, I PM'ed J2K4 the same message!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast