Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debating on what to get, need opinions! (Ipod owners and hardware regulars plz read!)

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Well my birthdays was yesterdat (July 7th) and I've been debating on what to get as a present. Initially I was thinking of getting a pocketbike but after thinking about it, its not worth getting. Anyways.. I was looking at ram earlier on newegg and found some that id like to get here: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227084) What i'd like to know is it better to run 4 X 512MB or is that 2 X 1GB fine?

Also, are Ipod's worth getting? This one caught my eye (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855101443) but from reading the comments it seems pretty meteoker

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Search for other HD media players on newegg before buying that ipod vid.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    I probbly wont use the video feature, I just want the space for music

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    I probbly wont use the video feature, I just want the space for music
    Ipod's nano's are good from what I know, but hey, I've dealth with Ipods before, not a very good product (very mainstream, so more those people that don't care too much for specs and want music on the go and are willing to pay ridiculous prices, then ya).

2x512 should be fine.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What i'd like to know is it better to run 4 X 512MB or is that 2 X 1GB fine?
    If you're running a NF4 motherboard you definitely want 2x1GB...4x512MB will almost certainly default to 2T command rate.
    It's a small performance hit but why take it if you don't have to?

I've been very happy with Patriot RAM...this stuff has the same tight timings and is way cheaper than your pick (after rebate) and these
    are what Sprocket runs...they are overclocking monsters (I've passed MemTest at PC4000 speeds @2.5,2,3,7 and 1T ).
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i Just bought iPod...
    here's what i think, u do dont need it if all of these applies to you, if one of these doesnt apply then buy it.
    1)You have Computer(who needs ipod if has computer, ull be listening on it when u use it)
    2)You Have car with Cd player in it(u can use ur car's cd player so u wont be neeeding ipod while driving)
    3)You have a job which needs peace of mind(then u cant listen to music anyway while u work)
    4)You dont go to parks(you use computer all the time and dont go park so ull be using ur computer to listen music)
    5)you dont do sport

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    i Just bought iPod...
    here's what i think, u do dont need it if all of these applies to you, if one of these doesnt apply then buy it.
    1)You have Computer(who needs ipod if has computer, ull be listening on it when u use it)
    2)You Have car with Cd player in it(u can use ur car's cd player so u wont be neeeding ipod while driving)
    3)You have a job which needs peace of mind(then u cant listen to music anyway while u work)
    4)You dont go to parks(you use computer all the time and dont go park so ull be using ur computer to listen music)
    5)you dont do sport
    If you do a sport, do you really want to be lugging around an ipod (at that price tag)??

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ahh some people like to listen music while they shake thier ass

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Well bawa, my iPod is/was good for long car trips since my dad would have his shitty music on, and while I was in school bored.
    Also good for walks to and/or from school.

When I get my own car I'll probably have the iPod hooked up to listen to my music collection without wwasting cds/dvds.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    What i'd like to know is it better to run 4 X 512MB or is that 2 X 1GB fine?
    If you're running a NF4 motherboard you definitely want 2x1GB...4x512MB will almost certainly default to 2T command rate.
    It's a small performance hit but why take it if you don't have to?

I've been very happy with Patriot RAM...this stuff has the same tight timings and is way cheaper than your pick (after rebate) and these
    are what Sprocket runs...they are overclocking monsters (I've passed MemTest at PC4000 speeds @2.5,2,3,7 and 1T ).

My mobos got an an ATI express 200 chipset and the shitty thing is I cant OC anything cause its got a locked bios.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast