Thread: PowerDVD + TV Problem

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

For some odd reason... When I burn DVD's they never seem to play right when I play them on my DVD Player to TV.. But then I thought maybe if I tried on Computer it will work.. ANd it does.... Flawlessly.. I use PowerDVD.

Well here is the problem.. WHen I use PowerDVD and try to play it through my TV, the player shows.. but when I play the movie, no Video is shown.. And when I tried with lets say Media Classic it shows. So I am not sure what the problem may be in this scenario... Because I tried replaying all my DVD's that wouldn't play on the DVD player on PowerDVD and htey all work flawlessly.. Just that if that is the case.. I can't seem to get it running to my TV...

Thanks in Advance.

Edit: I tried WinDVD and same problem.
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 07-09-2006 at 02:35 AM.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    When I burn DVD's they never seem to play right when I play them on my DVD Player to TV
    What do you mean by "never seem to play right"?

WHen I use PowerDVD and try to play it through my TV
    So you have your PC connected to a TV?

Is it with playback on a stand-alone DVD player, or when playing a DVD on your PC connected to a TV?

So there are 2 issues you're dealing with?

Try and be more specific/concise and maybe someone here can help.

regards

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Doesn't play right = It gives me Error Reading, which sort of 'fastfowards' the movie ranging in time.

Yes my Computer is Connected via S-Video to my TV.

THe movie plays now and then if I use a Stand-Alone DVD Player, but if I use WinDVD and try to play it through the TV.. No video is shown but everrything else does (Just a Black Screen).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    It probably has something to do with the resolution of the video stream. Unlike a PC who's screen can be reconfigured into alot of different resolutions, a TV has only one. See if you can set the transmitted signals resolution somewhere in the players configuration or maybe your video card has these settings. I have never done this so I can't give you specific advise but I know there are settings for the video card for TV compatibility.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well tv = 1024x768 and whenever I play my PC->TV I set my PC Res to that resolution. Bah but I gave up on it so yeah.. I just trying out different methods of burning DVD's to not get erroed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I have two computers I am looking at right now, one with an ATI card and one with an nVidia card. If you right click a blank spot on the desktop and select properties then settings in the window that pops up and then advanced at the bottom of the next window you will be at your Display Properties page. If its nVidia select its tab then tools and look for a force tv detection (the tv must be hooked to your s-video at the time of course) For ati open the control center and look for Display options for the same thing. Now, some how, I think but I'm not sure, I never did this before, you can use the multi display page to set the tv as your second display. This will allow you to keep the screen resolution of your monitor as 1024x768 and change the tv to what ever resolution works the best. To get Power Dvd on the tv you might actually have to drag it thru the PC monitor screen to the tv screen, I know I did this when I had two monitors set up on one PC once anyway, the mouse would go thru the side of one monitor and into the other.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 07-15-2006 at 03:06 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    THe movie plays now and then if I use a Stand-Alone DVD Player, but if I use WinDVD and try to play it through the TV.. No video is shown but everrything else does (Just a Black Screen).
    Have you attempted rather than pluging directly into the Svideo port on your TV, trying to plug through the RCA jacks on your DVD player?

Wait, did you say that Media Player Classic will display it on your TV?