Thread: Waving Red Lines

Poster
    I have the Ati Radeon x1300 installed recently and I notice that sometime there are redish lines that appears and disappear. This always happens just right before I see the window's welcome screen and right before or after I start a pc game.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on and how to fix this from occouring? Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Sounds like overheating. Try different drivers or make sure you have the most current ones, if that doesnt work its prob heat.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    if your box is old and you haven't cleaned it in awhile, open it up and get all the dust out of it, especially around and in the fans, dust keeps the heat in...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    if your box is old and you haven't cleaned it in awhile, open it up and get all the dust out of it, especially around and in the fans, dust keeps the heat in...
    It's been 2 years since I got my computer...I do clean the inside but not the fan inside the power supply. I'm not sure how to open it. The air that blows out is warm...not extremly hot and yes I have the latest driver.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    alright, well if you card has a temp sensor in it, google for a program that can give you the temps and post them. If not, when you have the computer running, and your playing a game or something that will put load on the video card, carefully open the case and feel the heatsink with your hand to see if it is extremley hot.