Thread: Changing Movie Format

i only have a CD-RW with nero 7.5 and i'm downloading torrent movies and the movies take like 5 hours to get ready to transfer to cd. is there any faster program i can get and also is it possible to change the format of a movie so that it's avi or something that will play in my dvd player...i downloaded some southpark and my dvd player won't play it....please help....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    if you convert to kvcd you should be able to play it on dvd player (depending if you have an out dated dvd player), search google for kvcd guide

http://www.geocities.com/alamarco2/index.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Best way to do it is to not. Transcoding or encoding a downloaded movie is a terrible way to waste time and CPU work. Just buy a Phillips Divx player and you can watch virtually everything you can download.
    I think its model is DVP-642, not sure though, do a search on techbargains.com will give you its name.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Conversion takes a long time, u need a good CPU!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hi and thank you brother

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    if you convert to kvcd you should be able to play it on dvd player (depending if you have an out dated dvd player), search google for kvcd guide

http://www.geocities.com/alamarco2/index.html
    wow
    I haven't seen that link in forever, in fact I haven't talked to alamarco2 in years

aww the good old days
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Transcoding can take time depending on which programs you use and your hardware. So try different programs to see which ones work best for you. (www.videohelp.com will help)

I've got a Philips DVP642 which is a wonderful, progressive scan DVD player that is Divx, Xvid and Mpeg compatible.

But, I've gone a step further and now use a Dlink Media Server on my network and don't even have to waste money or time converting and burning CDs or DVDs. I just put the movie in my "Movie" folder, start up my server software and play any movie on my TV in the living room. It also works equally as well for my music and photos. I highly recommend it.

good luck,

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yeah I hate Quick time movies !

I try to stick with mpeg and avi.

Regards

Digby

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks for all the help....i was able to use some programs to change the format and it worked, but

i can't get the movie to burn correctly in nero or vcdeasy.....it's a good file that plays in my media players, but the burn won't....the burned cd won't play in my dvd or in my media players.....anyone ever have this problem.....is my burnner bad.....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If your burning vcd's set your burn speed to 8x speed or less or the resulting vcd will be pixelated or might not even play. If your using cd-rw try changing the bit setting to cd-rom (depending on your burner and program this may or may not be available to you). This setting allows the program to disguise the disk as a cd-rom for better compatibility.