Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's so good about ScT??

tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I find myself asking for a scenetorrent invite because everybody else is asking for one. That, and apparently it's impossible to get invites anymore...only accounts (bloody chance in hell of convincing anyone to do that!). What is so good about ScT anyway? Can it possibly be that much better than TL, oink, TD or any other decent private tracker?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    its not any better than TL... people only want them cus they cant get them

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop
    its not any better than TL... people only want them cus they cant get them
    not really...ScT gets stuff uploaded before it ever makes it's way onto TL or TB. You can't compare Oink to ScT because oink is mostly a music tracker. I used to love TL before I got an ScT account...haven't used my TL account since. ScT may not have the same volume of users as TL, but most ScT users have good upload pipes and so volume really doesn't matter.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    WB is good they get stuff fast too.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    @ Tetrakis: I dont think you should ask for an account just for the sake of it.

ScT is a good site, because there are many dedicated uploaders.. they are more quality than quantity. They'll have most of the Scene Tv shows, and movies up before any other site.. but they're usually just a few hours earlier.

You can max out ur speed much faster on ScT... but like on most sites, like TL, you can max out ur speed anyway (as long as there's a good ratio of seeders/leechers).. just takes like a minute longer.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    i would say that really speeds are great...but...
    iplay.ro is faster,hehe. they have releases earlier then all
    the most known private trackers i know...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    fester32's Avatar Big daft buggar
    Scenetorrents is a brilliant site, the best of all i am a member of and that includes oink, tb, tl, td etc, etc.
    They beat every other site to pre times (release times) and have an excellent upload team who only upload scene releases - hence the site name.
    The download speeds are amazing I max out my connection (8mb) on every torrent and the members are all real enthusiasts.
    The forums are also excellent especially if you need help as many of the members are highly skilled and knowledgeable.
    Of course many other sites are great too, but I just find that sct has that extra something.

Regarding invites, unfortunately all invites were removed and it is now a closed community.
    Last edited by fester32; 07-10-2006 at 11:20 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    pcphil(movie maniac) BT Rep: +5
    The points people make is true, but if you are into dvd movies ScT is not the best, TL is better because they have way more Movies/DVDR - IMDB TOP250 also. Also, ScT is fast but it really kills people who have slow upload connections. Its extremely hard to seed back what you take especially dvd movies. People finish dl in less than 1 hr and they seed back at like 3 mb/s. If your upload is like less than 50 kb/s it'll really suck trust me.
    Last edited by pcphil; 07-11-2006 at 12:15 AM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Some good reviews and comparasions here on ScT!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    ya.. sct is the best in pre-times and incredible transfer rates! i dropped my newsgroup subscription because of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast