Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPaul, you dirty

Tweedy old crow
    strike breaker!

PS: Do you know someone called Ronnie MacBride?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The Glaswegian lawyers went on strike today?

Very unlike JP not to show solidarity with his fellow ambulance chasers.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky1
    strike breaker!

PS: Do you know someone called Ronnie MacBride?
    Have you run mad woman.

What strike do you speak of?

Let's face it "Ronnie", I think not. The very thought.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Tweedy old crow
    The strike of the miners in Croy apparently

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I don't think JP's been a minor for quite some time now.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    JP's a scab?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #7
    The strike of the miners in Croy apparently
    Ah right.

I haven't actually lived there for 25 years, so to expect me to take action in support of the Croy miners would be a tad excessive. Of course they have my unreserved moral support and always will do. I have many friends who worked in the pits.

As a matter of historical interest, to no-one other than myself, all of my uncles on my mothers side (of which there were several) worked down t'pits. From the age of 14 or less. Those were the days when working at the coal face really was a literal term. Picture a 14 year old, hundreds of feet underground, hewing coal with a pick. Working in a space maybe 2 or 3 feet high. They worked as deep as the seam was, not to make it comfortable for the lads. Why dig out stone when you don't have to. My Uncle Jim worked at the coal face for many, many years. They were the guys who worked the coal seam to the very end. Getting every last bit out. My Uncle Pat was one of the guys who went in when things went to shit and dug the bodies out. He also had a "normal" miner's job as well. My Uncle Owenie was a Firesman. These were tough men.

My Father was a joiner and his brothers worked in various trades. His own Father was a clay miner, I have visited the mine where he worked and went underground. Very much in a touristy way.

Croy was one of the many miners villages and was specifically built to house the people who would work down the pits. However those days are now long gone. They were also generally segregated by religion, hence Croy being an almost entirely Catholic place. It was actually impossible for us to hate anyone of a different creed or colour as young children. We never met anyone who fit the bill.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Tweedy old crow
    Ronnie Macbride says;

Long live the Trotskians and the IMG (or something like that) and away with Croy. Long live Cumbernauld

PS: They're building shopping centre next to the Crowwood because we're getting a highway

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ronnie Macbride says;

Long live the Trotskians and the IMG (or something like that) and away with Croy. Long live Cumbernauld

PS: They're building shopping centre next to the Crowwood because we're getting a highway
    Tell Ronnie I went to Our Lady's and at that time the Cumbernauld gang were LEMO. It's an acronym for Leave Everything Move Out. Tho' I suspect few of them knew what an acronym was.

They never bothered the chaps from Croy, we very much had a siege mentality. Fight with one of us, you fight with all of us.

Like I said I spent a lot of time working and drinking in Cumbernauld. I knew the Connors (all called bomber, there was about a brazillion of them) reasonably well, I think Gerry went to the jail for murder. The Colquhon's (big Cal was one of the most mental guys I have ever met). The Barclays from Condorrat (buff could fight like fuck, because of the Kung Fu). Billy Bryceland, from the village (we called him Sam but I never knew why). You really didn't want to fuck about with him, unless you were big Cal. Sam (real name) McCulloch, excellent guitar player. Played a lot with Jonnie Brady. Who would have done well to stop killing people with his motorbike.

Like I said this is all 25 years ago. Before the hun boyfriend's time.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Tweedy old crow
    It would be kinda.
    However, Ronnie is your age more or less :p

He used to teach in Abronhill highschool but I think he was more interested in protesting against poll tax and things like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast