Thread: Nero + DVD Burning = Errors...

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I have switched from Ashampoo BNurning STudio to Nero 7, and only installed the Burnign ROM.. But when I burn my DVD's as DVD Video, I put all the 'Video_TS' items inside the Video_TS Folder but when I begin to burn it gives me all these errors.. I shall list them for you.

1- DVD-Video files reallocation failed. The resulting DVD-Video might be unplayable. Do you want to continue. (If hit yes)

2- A non critical error occurred during the operation, which may result in a defective write. Do you wish to continue the write anyway?(If hit yes = burns)

And the Event Log on Nero reads(After it starts burning)
    -DVD-Video files reallocation started
    -One of more files (Mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file
    -DVD-Video files reallocationf ailed
    -DVD-Video files compliance ignored
    and then everything else is 'normal'

Does anyone happen to know why this is happening? Is it because I didn't install Nero Vision or any of the other add-on's cause i only installed Nero ROM...
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can't just randomly pick and choose items to put into a VIDEO_TS folder, the .ifo files have specific information about all the files including menus and extras in them and if they are not there Nero will choke. Use something like Dvd Decrypter to extract the files from the dvd, it will make its own VIDEO_TS folder for the files and then use Dvd Shrink to eliminate files you don't want.

By the way, you cannot copy files from a dvd disk and paste them into a VIDEO_TS folder and expect ANY dvd burner to read them correctly if the info in the main ifo file does not match whats in the folder.

There is a way to burn anything you want to put in the folder but its complicated. Using Ifoedit and Vobedit you can do it and here are some links that can help you.

Ifo edit page with a list of tutorials:
    Code:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=9
    A tutorial on How to author & burn a DVD from VOB trailers/files:
    Code:
    http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=276#276
    And the actual tutrial page:
    Code:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/120021.php
    I hope I was of some help even if it seems a little disheartening. IfoEdit is a cool little tool that can do ammazing things if you find the right instructions.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 07-11-2006 at 03:54 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Umm sorry but I thought I would just go on first impulse before i take the time to read/ and use all those programs... The DVD = Downloaded not direct from another DVD.. And there have been a few cases where I just loaded all the Video_TS items from the Downloaded File(DVD) onto the Burner and it works just fine.. So dunno if that makes any difference..

Because I don't want to have to use all these different programs just to get a DVD working right >< But if I have to then of course I shall have to download all those programs you listed.

Edit: Heh just read allthose and damn.. Sounds so much more confusing than it really is ><
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 07-11-2006 at 04:32 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Just try something else? I burn all my DVD's with DVD Decrypter... even when I have Nero installed.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Just try something else? I burn all my DVD's with DVD Decrypter... even when I have Nero installed.
    Same here. Works great.

Could the errors also be from bad media?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-11-2006 at 10:40 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hmm can DVD Decrypter burn downloaded DVD's? Or only driectly from DVDs?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    Hmm can DVD Decrypter burn downloaded DVD's? Or only driectly from DVDs?
    It can burn image files (downloaded or not).

The error msg could be happening because whoever put them together for sharing didn't follow the correct methods to keep proper DVD structure. The burnt DVD will (probably) still work.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Hmmm just curious.. with Nero.. WHen I tried opening the .cue/.bin file with Nero.. it didn't emm 'open right?' cause it loads Nero but then it frreezes up when it finishes loading and nothing is show on the cd/DVD selection part... And when I tried in Nero to 'burn image' same thing occurs...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    When you download files instead of taking them directly from a dvd, you are never sure the person who posted them knew what they were doing when they put them together. Here is a short tutorial I have on hand for fixing VIDEO_TS files when Dvd Shrink won't open them, it should work for Nero as well. It requires the freeware IfoEdit. To be safe use it on a copied set of files so you keep the originals until you find if it works or not.

Dvdshrink invalid vob data fix

Open ifoedit point to video ts 01 1 and choose vob extras and in its window uncheck all but correct original ifo files (even uncheck the bottom auto copy) then click ok and when done save. After that click get vts sectors and open the video ts ifo and select yes for all sectors. If false sectors are found it will correct them if not all sectors will show in the top screen and nothing is changed and now dvdshrink will open the files.

Now for your bin/cue. Sometimes the cue file is created with a path to the bin file included in the name and it has to be removed so only the file name is in the Quotes at the top of the file. That files name must be correct as well, if you change or shorten a file name because it has the encoders name or maybe a web site etc. included in the file name the file name inside the cue file must be changed as well so they match.

Here is whats inside the cue file for a SpongeBob game when viewed with notepad:

FILE "Spongebob.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

The name Spongebob.bin must also be the name of the file as well as the cue and no directory structured path to it should be shown. You may not understand about the path when I discuss it here but you will if you see one.
    Open your cue file by right clicking and select "open with" and choose notepad and if its not available you will have to choose notepad by selecting it from the "choose Program" selector. Make sure the structure is similar to above and the name of the file is exactly the same as the name of the file in your folder with no directory path in front of it.