Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hizbollah rockets near my home..

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    rockets hit about 500 yards from our house.. massive noise of explosion.. will post a longer comment when its safer

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    rockets hit about 500 yards from our house.. massive noise of explosion.. will post a longer comment when its safer
    So they are getting better aim then.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    fuck off. i wanna see your face when a rocket hits your house.

asshole.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Rafi, you and your family are suffering, the way to alleviate that isn't by making someone else's family suffer.

It might seem like it but it really isn't. Of course, it is a very human thing to want to lash out but try to see past retribution as a way forward.

I'm not talking about Busyman's post, of course, I'm talking about your whole 'I want my country's vastly superior armed forces to crush someone' mindset.

It's very ugly.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    i think that the u guys are missing the point. there are 2 Hzbulaa MPs in the gov so how come u think the gov has no connection to what happens?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Rafi, you and your family are suffering, the way to alleviate that isn't by making someone else's family suffer.

It might seem like it but it really isn't. Of course, it is a very human thing to want to lash out but try to see past retribution as a way forward.

I'm not talking about Busyman's post, of course, I'm talking about your whole 'I want my country's vastly superior armed forces to crush someone' mindset.

It's very ugly.
    So, then, it would seem the business to get about doing is the part where you turn and high-tail it into the Mediterranean, pre-empting the normally expected efforts to force you there via other, bloodier means?

I know that's not precisely what you are saying, manker, but that is certainly how it comes across.

Rafi's situation is rather more immediate, don't you think?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

It's very ugly.
    So, then, it would seem the business to get about doing is the part where you turn and high-tail it into the Mediterranean, pre-empting the normally expected efforts to force you there via other, bloodier means?

I know that's not precisely what you are saying, manker, but that is certainly how it comes across.

Rafi's situation is rather more immediate, don't you think?
    What strikes me most about Rafi's prose is that it seems to mirror, almost identically, his country's policy over my lifetime.

You hit us and we'll hit you back much harder.

It hasn't worked and I hate this eye-for-an-eye mindset. Israel's enemies know that Israel has a vastly superior force and they know that Israel has no qualms about wiping out many of their citizens when they dish out retribution -- yet they still attack.

If the Israeli people didn't want their government to get revenge vicariously for them, then most likely they could stop it happening and elect someone who might change policy. To address the root of the cause, rather than repeatedly attempting to lance the septic boil that is Hizbollah/Hamas.

Yes, I know it's been tried (and failed) before and, yes, I know that negotiation with these infatuated political fractions is fraught with difficulty that almost makes it seem like an exercise in futility - but in my book, this alone doesn't mean that Israel should continually lower themselves to the same level as their foes.

Talking is the only way to put a stop to the hostilities, this is a given due to the nature of Isreal's adversaries.

If there is no diplomatic contact, there is no hope.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Israel's enemies know that Israel has a vastly superior force and they know that Israel has no qualms about wiping out many of their citizens when they dish out retribution -- yet they still attack.

This is true, and informs us sufficiently to conclude that...

Talking is the only way to put a stop to the hostilities, this is a given due to the nature of Isreal's adversaries.

If there is no diplomatic contact, there is no hope.
    ...this, as well, is true, and leads us to conn the area for other motivations.

I have begun a thread elsewhere.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by j2
    I have begun a thread elsewhere.
    Then you misinterpret my intentions.

I wasn't looking to change your mind about the situation, I posted because I thought there may be a chance that Rafi will look at my words, maybe think I have a point and not be so hell bent on bloody retribtion - he has to do military service soon, you know.

There is, however, a far greater chance that he'll think I'm talking out of my hat
    Last edited by manker; 07-15-2006 at 01:20 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    @manker: I do agree with you, I don't think killing civilians is the right way, I think we should kick the militants' asses...

The problem is, how to get to them? Diplomacy isn't helping much, and apparently using force is not helping too much either.. In that case, what do we do? Wait and take in more and more rockets, praying one doesn't slash through my house and injure me, waiting for the hopeless UN to do something? Or, on the other hand, at least try to kill some of these arseholes instead?

It's not an easy question, but there is no choice.. anyone would retalliate.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast