Thread: DVD-Video files need help!!!!!!

I got some .VOB files saved on my harddrive,i try to burn it onto a DVD-R so it would be playable on a progressive scan home dvd player. But the problem is when i try to move the .VOB files and load it into nero express --> DVD-Video files, it says like i'm missing the .BUP,.IFO,etc. So it wont let me continue to burn. Is there any software out there that is simple,easy to used also not much editing, for me to easily create those files? Would really be appreciated if anybody could help. THANKS!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    You will need to create ifo and bup files to properly create/burn vob files for playback on a stand-alone DVD player.

2 tools needed are: ifoedit and vobedit. Both are freely available.

(a google search will help you find them)

There's a complete tutorial at the link below to do this.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=120021

Piece of cake.

regards,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks harrycary imma go ahead n check it out , really appreciate it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hey harrycary i tried that guide http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=120021 it joins all the .VOB files into 1 and the maximum files it burn is up to 9 . I got more then 10 VOB files and i want it in seperate chapters not joining it all together into 1 file....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I'd just use VSO ConvertXtoDvd which would convert the vob files into a Video_TS folder with vob,bup & ifo.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I've never encountered the issue about too many VOB files so that's never been an issue for me. I do create chapters automatically using Nero Ultra when I need them.

I'm sure there are other DVD authoring programs that can do the same.

I've never joined VOB files so I can't help you there.

ghurka I didn't know that VSO could do that. I'll give it a try some time. Thanks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thanks agian harry ,,yea imma try other software. ghurka imma check that one out thanks u guys for the info...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka
    I'd just use VSO ConvertXtoDvd which would convert the vob files into a Video_TS folder with vob,bup & ifo.

WORKS GREAT!! PROBLEM SOLVE