Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Bastille Day Guillaume!

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

Hope you have fun doing whatever it is you do...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Bastille Day is a National holiday in France. It is very much like Independence Day in the United States because it is a celebration of the beginning of a new form of government.

At one time in France, kings and queens ruled. Many people were very angry with the decisions made by the kings and queens.

The Bastille was a prison in France that the kings and queens often used to lock up the people that did not agree with their decisions. To many, it was a symbol of all the bad things done by the kings and queens. So, on July 14, 1789, a large number of French citizens gathered together and stormed the Bastille.

Just as the people in the United States celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence as the beginning of the American Revolution, so the people in France celebrate the storming of the Bastille as the beginning of the French Revolution. Both Revolutions brought great changes. Kings and queens no longer rule. The people rule themselves and make their own decisions.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Is that taken from the Ladybird Book of Historical Revolts?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think it's from the Big Book of European History for Merkins.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    could do with a few pictures, i might have read it all if there were pictures

Happy Bastille Dhey

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    It's actually quite annoying on this day in Paris, everyone is letting off firecrackers.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    could do with a few pictures, i might have read it all if there were pictures

Happy Bastille Dhey
    Bastille Day is a National holiday in France. It is very much like Independence Day in the United States because it is a celebration of the beginning of a new form of government.

At one time in France, kings and queens ruled. Many people were very angry with the decisions made by the kings and queens.

The Bastille was a prison in France that the kings and queens often used to lock up the people that did not agree with their decisions. To many, it was a symbol of all the bad things done by the kings and queens. So, on July 14, 1789, a large number of French citizens gathered together and stormed the Bastille.

Just as the people in the United States celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence as the beginning of the American Revolution, so the people in France celebrate the storming of the Bastille as the beginning of the French Revolution. Both Revolutions brought great changes. Kings and queens no longer rule. The people rule themselves and make their own decisions.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?

Have a great day Guillaume.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Happy Bastille Day, Liberty, Equality And Fraternity

All best from Baz
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Not one of you thought I could be a royalist?
    Fecking insensitive bar stewards.

/orf to get plastered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast