Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newshosting Problems

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Hi Guys,
    for the past few weeks I have been using newshosting with no problems, yesterday it seemed anything I was downloading would come to almost a complete standstill speed wise as soon as it got to the last couple of files, i was just wondering if anybody else was experincing anything similar at the moment....?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Would more than likely be the program with which you grab with, rather than the usenet provider.
    What part is it getting stuck at, downloading, caching, decoding?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    downloading, as soon as I get to the last couple of parts my speed drops from say 500kbps down to as low as 0.01kbps

its only happened since yesterday though

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    If it's dropping that drastically it's sounds more like you're being hard limited. Can you start another NZB when this happens and get full speed again?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Yes, that resolves the issue but obviously I can't do this all the time. I had my line upped to 4 meg yesterday as well. Any idea what would cause this then?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Again 480kbps ------25.2kbps with 30% of my last part remaining....

aarrrggh!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    And you've tried completely uninstalling your newsgrabber, and reinstalling?

Just a shot in the dark, I've not heard of any problems likes this...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    no but i will do as soon as my current batch finishes, it is weird though, my mate who I share a house with just uses our isp for newsgroups and he doesn't ave the same problem, which is why I thought it could be newshosting.....

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    I've not been able to connect to Newshosting at all since tea time yesterday, getting Access To Node Denied errors.

Nothing on their website about any problems and no reply to my e-mail to support yet.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetonic
    I've not been able to connect to Newshosting at all since tea time yesterday, getting Access To Node Denied errors.

Nothing on their website about any problems and no reply to my e-mail to support yet.

I can still get on, but still having completion problems - have sent a support email and recieved a call open one back from them but nothing else as of yet.... the only way I can bypass it is to have loads of files queued up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast