Thread: Proshow Producer 2.6 SVCD burning???

Unsure

I have been trying to burn an SVCD or VCD to play on my DVD player. I am using CD-R's and choosing various combinations such as menu/no menu or autoplay for computer usage. I can get them to work on my computer with no problem, but have not been able to get my DVD player to even recognize them. It just kicks it back out with a disk error message. I used the ProShow burning tool and also used NERO 6. I've been going back and forth with the online help, but the hours they are available suck. Anyone have a clue what else I need to do?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    First off, since your DVD player isn't even recognizing these CD's you need to make sure your DVD Player supports VCD or SVCD formats. Do that HERE .

I believe back when I was burning SVCD's, I was using a program called TMPGenc, not sure if it's more sophisticated these days, but it was a hell of a process back then. Now I would suggest using THIS GUIDE to burning SVCD's.

Are you sure that you want to get involved with burning extremely low quality rips to CD's that will require 2-3 CD's to hold the Movie? For the price of CD's that you will waste, and time and effort gone, you can buy an average DVD burner for your computer, and waste less time, and have much better quality burns...

Lite-On makes great beginner DVD burners for REAL inexpensive. Here is a nice one for only $33.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Or even better choice at a lower price...

NEC ND-3550A $30.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152059

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Or even better choice at a lower price...

NEC ND-3550A $30.99: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152059
    NEC really make that much better drives than Lite-On?
    Had so much experience with Lite-On that I just keep buying them for the PC's I build.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 07-16-2006 at 06:55 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Damnatory~
    Thanks for all the help. The player doesn't support the SVCD's or VCD's. I found a remote hack to make it play VCD's and tried that. Well, now nothing works! Brilliant!!! I guess I'll be getting a new DVD player and a DVD burner since you shared the info with me. I thought it would cost a lot more than that. I already spent that much in wasted time and CD's for sure! Proshow does some really cool things & I've been bustin' my butt to get a show done for my Parent's 35th anniversary. I was sure I had screwed something up. Nice to know I'm not crazy - only nieve