Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Play Video

mYst's Avatar Poster
    OK, I donwloaded the Phone Booth movie, and when I tried to play it, it brought up an error message like "A decompressor was downloaded for this file", but it didn't work. You may need to restart your player or browser." I restarted, but it still didnt work. I even tried it on different players like RealOne Player, but no luck. I've already downloaded the entire codec pack, but I don't think I know exactly how to use it. Help me!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You're missing codecs. Install K-Lite Codec Pack exclusively.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mYst's Avatar Poster
    I did. I have the klcodec202f.exe program. Isn't that what I need? If it is, how do I use it?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    I did. I have the klcodec202f.exe program. Isn't that what I need? If it is, how do I use it?
    U just install it ,it registers the codecs on ur system,so ur app can use them.

u could tri and open the file with gspot,which will tell u everything about how the movie was encoded and all its properties,and also if u have the codec for the movie

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    One you install the codec pack it should automatically work. Did you uninstall and preview codecs that you had such as the nimo codecs? Did you download the full or basic?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    mYst's Avatar Poster
    I had no previous codecs, just the K-Lite codec pack I just downloaded. I originally downloaded the full version, but I went back and downloaded the basic version also. So I have both full and basic versions. When I use the G spot, at the bottom it tells me : VIDEO NOT RENDERED, Cannot play back the videostream, no suitable decompressor could be found.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    BANNED
    m8 in gsopt on the status bars press them an c what the info ballons
    say,what does the 4cc window say,could u post an image?

Is it xvid,is xvid on the default install on the k/l codec pack?
    Is the file currupt?..i'm just guessin',i don't have the movie or use
    codec packs..

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    mYst's Avatar Poster
    Well, I have no clue as to what ur talking about, but here is the status for all the categories:

File Status: File Length Correct

Video Format/ Codec Status: Codec IS Installed (Details...)
    [No details Available]

Audio Format Codec Status: Codec IS Installed (details...)
    Audio Format:
    Code: 0x0055
    Name: WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGLAYER3 (MP3)
    Vendor: ISO/MPEG

Gspot has found that the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec [advaced] audio codec will decompress this audio format. DirectShow was UNABLE to render movie overall however, see the DirectShow details for more info.

and the 4CC window says mp43

What does all that mean? lol. thanks for the help so far guys, you've been great!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Hi my friend

I see that u are as confussed as I am.
    I think that someone is just messing with us and that none of these brand new movies actually work.
    I have the same problem with Anger Management as I did with Matrix reloaded and bunch of others you name it!!!!!
    They just don't work after you download them...........
    Or if they do work then they are so F....n complicated to encode its not even funny anymore.
    Good luck................

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    mYst's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for understanding, I'm starting to think the same thing. I only hope that I haven't wasted about 4 days of my life downloading a movie with a 56k modem that doesn't even work. So, ima just pray that someone can help me out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast