Thread: install errors

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Anyone got any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

I'm setting up a new pc, installing genuine software. Seems to happen with programs using installshield wizard. Anyone know a way round this?

OS- windows xp home edition service pack 2

I've done the cleaning of the temp files,manually registered the dll files.... I get the same error if i try to install the latest ikernel
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-16-2006 at 03:18 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/...icleid=Q107969

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108433

maybe the information on those sites can help you fix this problem.
    Last edited by backlash; 07-16-2006 at 06:00 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I basically have done all the stuff there already...but went through it all again.

Even re-installed windows this morning to see if that would fix it...no luck

Thanks anyway

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Solved the problem by restoring the computer to the dell factory settings. A pain but at least I was only in the setup stage and not used it for anything vital.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Solved the problem by restoring the computer to the dell factory settings. A pain but at least I was only in the setup stage and not used it for anything vital.

Don't get me wrong as you got it fixed but reformatting seems rather drastic . Lucky for you tho as your in the setup stage ,my inquiring mind still wonders tho .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-17-2006 at 02:18 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    well I had no files to lose, just the progs. I had installed upto that point and went through everything on the installshield and dell support page so I just thought what the heck...start over.