Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: invalid nzb files

allroad
    i keep getting a message "not a valid nzb file" when i download from here now i have tried 5 different nzbs im using news rover

any ideas

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    NJPMAN
    The same thing is happening to me as well. I use Unison for the Mac.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    What specific NZB's are you guys having problems with? Links to them would be great.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    NJPMAN
    I have had these problems with them for months, but a specific one I can think of are the Chappelle Show season 3 NBZs.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Odd... those NZB's I posted are tested before I even upload them, they should work. Would it be possible for you to test an alternative program besides Unison? This way you could tell if it's the program or the NZB itself.

allroad what newsreader are you using? Have you tried using another just to see if it would work then?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I got the problem from time to time. Even NZB files I upload myself is messed up somehow when I download them from the forum.

The Amiga Tribute II thingie is the problem now.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1225...ribute+II.html

Tried to download it in Explorer an Firefox but the same "07/13/2006 15:24:16 MODULE=XML_Read, MSG=Bad XML Line: 1, Column: 0" error in Newsbin everytime. Grabit also fails to load the file. Grabbing it from Binsearch works for all the files when I try there.

I did not have the issue before the last rework was done but I dunno if it has anything t do with it.

I got several newsbin and grabit version to try with. Windows reinstall was done but same issue afterwards....

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    NJPMAN
    Everything worked before the site went wonky a while back. Now everyone I grab isn't working. I also tried iGrabNews and they didn't work. The NBZs i get of of binsearch.info all work fine. That is how I got the Chappelle show. I wonder what it could be. I just tried to grab that Blade episode 3 and in Unison it says the error is "Line 1: Encountered unexpected character 0x78 ('x') at top level". In iGrab nothing happens at all. So I am thinking it must be the NBZs.

It says that for every NBZ I grab of this site. Thanks for taking the time to help.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Is anything gettng added to that "line 1" when the NZB is uploaded to the board?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Cant duplicate the issue as all seems fine to me and as far as I know nothing is added.
    Maybe comparing an nzb form binsearch to here might be the clue...

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    First line from working file:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

First line from non-working file:
    xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast