Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Light Stays On After Shutdown

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky
    yeh i just changed the mouse from the ps2 slot to a usb slot and there is no problem no more ...damn light!
    How did you change to a USB slot if it's not a USB mouse?

And btw... The fact that a mouse is optical has nothing to do with how it's connected (PS/2, USB or otherwise).
    Erm mine came with a ps2 thingy that allows me to plug the usb into it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Anyone would think it was rocket science to look at the manual and see where the jumpers are located on the motherboard.

It will be labeled something like KBPWR or PS2PWR for a ps2 connection, or USBPWR for a USB connection, and the options are 5V or 5VSB or something like that. 5VSB provides power when the system is off or in standby, 5V only provides power when the system is on.

The idea is to allow the keyboard to be used to power up the system rather than use the power button, so the manual may describe it as keyboard wake-up.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky

How did you change to a USB slot if it's not a USB mouse?

And btw... The fact that a mouse is optical has nothing to do with how it's connected (PS/2, USB or otherwise).
    Erm mine came with a ps2 thingy that allows me to plug the usb into it.
    So... Contrary to your first post, it is a USB mouse.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Anyone would think it was rocket science to look at the manual and see where the jumpers are located on the motherboard.

It will be labeled something like KBPWR or PS2PWR for a ps2 connection, or USBPWR for a USB connection, and the options are 5V or 5VSB or something like that. 5VSB provides power when the system is off or in standby, 5V only provides power when the system is on.

The idea is to allow the keyboard to be used to power up the system rather than use the power button, so the manual may describe it as keyboard wake-up.
    i did look at the manual...nothing in there...dumb gigabyte company doesnt even include a dual bios chip when its clearly advertised as having one...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

i did look at the manual...nothing in there...dumb gigabyte company doesnt even include a dual bios chip when its clearly advertised as having one...
    What model Gigabyte board is that?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    GA-K8N-SLI
    you got alot of sources...maybe you can help..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Looks like gigabyte don't have that option, so the keyboard and mouse must always be supplied from 5VSB. I can see that being a problem with some high power use keyboards
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    I just checked the specs of the GA-K8N-SLI. I don't see Dual BIOS "advertised". Where did you see that?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    I don't think its the motherboard, rather the mouse. I have had a Logitec optical that stayed on all the time but if I put a different optical on (microsoft or another type of logitec) it wasn't a problem. It has to be a separate led thats hooked to the constant power of the mouse. Some one in engineering said "wouldn't it be nice if the user could see the mouse in the dark to start the computer?) viola, there you go. Inorder for mouse movement to start a computer (same as a key on the keyboard) the infared light has to be on all the time. Since infared is not visible to the naked eye, an led is also added for your eyes sake so when you lift your optical mouse when the computer is on you see an led not the infared. Therefore all mice are on all the time but its the maunufacturer that decides whether or not to hook an led to the constant power or the PC on power of the mouse connections. So when your PC is off the infared of the mouse is on but not visable and the mouse appears to be off only because the maker decided not to have the led on as well.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 07-24-2006 at 04:23 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    I just checked the specs of the GA-K8N-SLI. I don't see Dual BIOS "advertised". Where did you see that?
    on the box...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast