Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-virus/firewall?

Hi everyone, im new here (to the forums) and I was wondering what, in your opinion, is the best software to use for protecting your computer, (anti-virus/firewall) and what you use on your computer. Any response is greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Im using Antivirus Coporation Edition as a antivirusprogram and Sygate Firewall Pro as a firewall.

If you want Antivirus Coporation Edition ,then you can get it from here.
    Antivirus program

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I use Norton antivirus (professional) and zonealarm pro.. and i can recommended these programs..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i use norton internet security 2003 pro

this contains Norton AntiVirus 2003 pro and Norton Personal Firewall 2003
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    AVG anti virus & Zone alarm. Both free (my favourite price )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    Norton av corp. edition 8 and zone alarm pro, both free.
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I use RAV version 8 for virus protection along with WormGuard(a heuristic file analyser)and Zone Alarm for my firewall.

I would also reccomend a Trojan scanner I use TDS-3(a bit complicated for a newbie) I have also used Trojan Hunter(very newbie friendly)

While were at it you might want to get something to check for spyware,I use Ad-aware 6.0.

Many of these can be found at Wilders security forums.

Peace botherdoobie
    P.S. update regular!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Give the guy some help dudes. He asks what is best and not one of you have actually said why?? you use your preferred product (price doesnt count) Norton Internet Security is a very good choice for beginners because it more or less configures itself.
    The others all have merits and if you are going to use free firewall zonealarm is the obvious choice.
    Be sure to update all your M$ products cos they have holes bigger than calcutta.
    Cheers

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by sandmanuk2003@4 May 2003 - 12:50
    Give the guy some help dudes. He asks what is best and not one of you have actually said why?? you use your preferred product (price doesnt count) Norton Internet Security is a very good choice for beginners because it more or less configures itself.
    The others all have merits and if you are going to use free firewall zonealarm is the obvious choice.
    Be sure to update all your M$ products cos they have holes bigger than calcutta.
    Cheers
    blah blah blah.............Wilders security.org........blah blah blah..........whatever.......blah blah blah......a realy good site that can explain the merrits of each product..........blah blah blah......so I don't have to post about these products again (saves me time typing).....blah blah blah......

Peace brotherdoobie :

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    WinXP firewall (properly configured, its just as good as ZoneAlarm or any other)
    Norton AV Pro (great program, but you have to keep your virus definitions updated)
    Proud member of MDS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast