Thread: Good ISP finders?

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I need to find a new ISP provider in my area, but I couldn't find anything through google, so can some please give me a good ISP finder in Canada, Ontario?

Or are there someone who happen to live in the Burlington, Ontario area that can help me out?
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Omigod, rossco you da man. Really, yo ta man!

Thx so much omg omg omg. aojrgowrgawg ag. Jiggly fingers.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    What one did you end up picking seedler?

Rogers is shite and I want rid of it.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Dear lord dont go with sympatico..what a fucking rip off. Get cable, compton or rogers or something thats not bell related.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Get cable, compton or rogers or something thats not bell related.
    I hate rogers.
    1) My cable from them is SHIT. The picture is all fuzzy, so we called them to come back in march to fix it and the guy (he was a nice guy) said the problem was with the lines coming from somewhere to feed my house and a few neighbours. So he said in the spring they would fix it and in the meantime he'd give us extra cable channels for free (we pay for basic cable). After a few months someone else comes around and takes away our channels because we're not paying for them, and tells us he doesnt know anything about the bad reception and that we'd need to schedule someone to come in again.

2) Since january my nets been frequestnly disconnecting. Like 10-20 times a day. Usually it reconnects right away so i've learnt to live with that.

3) Since a few days ago my net speeds been stuck at 384kbps when we're supposed to have 1mbps. I've emailed them over 10 times today and no reply a single time. There's reports of this happening all over on dslreports.com and rogers is doing nothing to fix it...they're only fixing it on people who call in. Probably did it on purpose to save bandwith...probably 90% of people wouldn't notice the speed decrease anyway.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    We have had high speed with Sympatico for years, we move up here and I noticed we get frequent disconnects (during bad weather and such) not to mention the crappy "high" speeds.

I called them a while ago and asked what the deal was, the lady told me that because we were not in the suberbs it wouldnt be true high speed so we should downgrade. When I asked why nobody informed us of this, she lied to me and said she had told us before. I said thats complete bullshit, considering I handle all the computer related stuff in my household and I have never been told this. When I said that she asked to speak to my parents. I explained I found that extreamly insulting to my intelligence..when my parents are both computer illeterate.

She said she wouldnt continue the convo with me unless I gave the phone to my parents. I told her to fuck off and hung up.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    That site gives a choice (for ontario) between free dialup isps or cheap dialup isps.