Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you use bit torrent

I have used ng's in the past but i dont think it was worth the £15 per month for it, by the time the files became available on the news servers i had already downloaded them, so the speed issue is irravelent...

Also not sure about the us but in the uk most isp don't support news group's...

FTP is the best if you can find someone willing to let you in...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesad24
    I have used ng's in the past but i dont think it was worth the £15 per month for it, by the time the files became available on the news servers i had already downloaded them, so the speed issue is irravelent...
    Not sure what you are talking about, new releases and especially scene releases always hit newsgroups before they make it to torrent index sites. The speed issue isn't so irrelivent in the aspect that you want to watch something, you download it, and watch it 15 minutes later, no strings attached. No waiting for peers to grab, no waiting 3 days for your ratio to get back up so you can actually use your connection for anything aside from web surfing.
    Most US ISP's not only support, but offer Usenet access. The service is severely lacking compared to the performance that of a pay usenet server, but it's free with the account.

Whats not worth $15 a month? You have to consider, if you download ONE cd, which will only take you about one minute, will have paid for itself one minute after you've payed for it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Not sure what you are talking about, new releases and especially scene releases always hit newsgroups before they make it to torrent index sites. The speed issue isn't so irrelivent in the aspect that you want to watch something, you download it, and watch it 15 minutes later, no strings attached. No waiting for peers to grab, no waiting 3 days for your ratio to get back up so you can actually use your connection for anything aside from web surfing.
    Most US ISP's not only support, but offer Usenet access. The service is severely lacking compared to the performance that of a pay usenet server, but it's free with the account.

Whats not worth $15 a month? You have to consider, if you download ONE cd, which will only take you about one minute, will have paid for itself one minute after you've payed for it.
    What part of my post did i say i used torrents to d/l scene release's?

I will use torrent to d/l certain things, but new movies and games will be done by ftp.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory

it's clear why most of us don't use usenet. It isn't free! This business of using your isp built-in newserver is garbage...they always have limits and I don't know about you, but i don't want Comcast having a clear record of what i'm downloading. Does it suck that my ip is broadcasted using bittorrent? Yes, but the risk is minimal if you use private trackers. As far as the speed difference or pretimes...c'mon, very little difference between the two. Just my 2 centz

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Dedalus^'s Avatar The Truth is Out BT Rep: +3
    Well, i like BitTorrent cuz its fairly simple to use... and its free.
    I don't see the need to spend extra money to max out my connection, cuz for me, 280KB/s is good enough =P (i think my max is like 385KB/S with newsgroups).

And lol i dont have time to figure out newsgroups.. ie. read the guides.
    LOL maybe one day when i'm waiting for a download to finish, I'll get enough motivation to figure it all out.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafer
    1 ) " Never pay for File Sharing! "
    2 ) I like sharing/seeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by every page on filesharingtalk.com
    Never pay for File Sharing!
    that my friend, is why i use bittorrent. its the best FREE way to download.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @j0hn & Zafer I couldn't agree more.
    Youv'e left me with nothing to say

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Because i like Sharing

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Why use Bittorrent? Why wouldn't you? It's incredibly effective and fast.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    find a good tracker and you will max out your connection..have not used newsgroups ,but do they give you MByte fast downloads :?:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast