Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sky Broadband

Poster
    Hi, what do all the brits on the boaed think of the new Sky Broadband packages announced this week? How do you think Sky will be over file sharing P2P etc? I'm currently with a small ISP who don't really give a sh*t but I pay alot now compared to wot Sky are offering and anyone else really.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Maybe you could tell us what Sky has offered in their new packages?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    Sorry mate. Heres a link to what they are offering. http://broadband.sky.com/flash.htm

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Dales
    Hi, what do all the brits on the boaed think of the new Sky Broadband packages announced this week? How do you think Sky will be over file sharing P2P etc? I'm currently with a small ISP who don't really give a sh*t but I pay alot now compared to wot Sky are offering and anyone else really.
    according to the literature i recieved all services are subject to a 'fair usage policy' what that is i dont know, but i assume if you hammer your connection too much action will be taken against you.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Poster
    I only do 1 or 2 films a week and a little music, a PS2 game now and then. So I'm not exactly going mad on it.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    sounds ok if you are a light user but im not a fan of usage caps whatever size they are ....id imagine sky to be the sort of plan my dad could use

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicity
    sounds ok if you are a light user but im not a fan of usage caps whatever size they are ....id imagine sky to be the sort of plan my dad could use
    most if not all ISP's have a 'fair usage policy' or caps which you are told about FUP's mean if you hammer your connection alot more, download or upload exessively, you are liable for penaltys, its a fairly standard practice, most hide the fact to not deter customers, most get away with excessive usage, its all about strictness really.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    nutta30's Avatar nutta
    skys not bad but where i live they only offering the mid package of upto 8 meg to which i get bout 3.5 sob sob ....plus in the midrange is capped so im stayin wi aohell doh!!!

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    dang that sounds look a good deal too bad i live in america
    id go with the max deal

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I was affected by that dumb fair usage policy. If i used it too much my internet connection would just get cut for like two days. It was terrible. Anyone that wants to go sky or any other company that have fair usage policy you best off not being a heavy downloader. I just left my net connection on for like 9 hours and i downloaded 1gb worth of files and my internet got cut of for 2 days. Terrible that is.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast