Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nero burn skipping FCK!!!

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What I don't understand is how version 7.x.x was working perfectly for me for so long, then all the sudden started having this skip issue when burning an audio CD... Thanks for the info, I was beginning to think that there had to be some kind of malware causing the skips on burned CD's, as an anti-piracy measure...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Well I will assume that this is a pirated copy..Have you checked your registry to see if any of your nero keys have an * beside them,if so you will have to find a proper key that works...I think Nero is playing a game letting people think the keys work but you get errors instead...I believe this is only with version 7.2.3.2...Good luck finding a good key..I guess you can look at it from the point of view if you buy you get support...But at least you have this forum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Nero 7 isn't giving me that problems yet. Still burn cd's without errors...
    It's after some time?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygard View Post
    Nero 7 isn't giving me that problems yet. Still burn cd's without errors...
    It's after some time?

It could be his media that is giving him problems or he has a file that is corrupt . I did n't like all the extra crap bundled with Nero 7 that I would never use . If it works for you great .

I'v had problems with Nero since ver. 3 , reinstalling every few months fixed the issues tho . Hey I did n't pay for it so its the price you pay for D/L programs .
    If you find a version that works don't update it , problem solved .

For shits and giggles I looked at the program size since ver 3. (1.8 MB)
    to ver. 6.6 (33.0 MB ) wow we've come a long way .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-29-2006 at 12:45 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Member BT Rep: +1
    I read through a whole ton of the discussions of this problem that I could find on Google. One person came up with the solution of using the mp3 dll's from the last version of 6.x and replacing the 7.x dll's. I tried this on my machine and it cured my skipping problem. If anyone else wants to try it, you need to replace the files that come with 7.x with the ones in this zip file. http://www.w124performance.com/mp3PRO_v6_Plugins.zip

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    I had the same problem with nero so i switched to Roxio Easy Media Creator and haven't had any more problems with skipping cd's. I tried a few others but have found I'm happy with roxio. good luck
    Roxio works great, thanks for that heads up. I did do some google research and it seems to be newer versions of nero like 7.-.-.-. oh well, I never liked nero much.
    Thats ok m8 I wouldn't go back either even though there is lots of good advise here on how to fix the problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12