Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer turns on Monitor Doesn't

lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

If it doesn't beep, then it almost certainly isn't performing POST, which means the problem is probably not the graphics card but more likely the mobo.
    Or the power supply.
    I figured that if the HDD light is operating correctly then the PSU is probably ok, but yes, it's still a possibility.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Or the power supply.
    I figured that if the HDD light is operating correctly then the PSU is probably ok, but yes, it's still a possibility.
    I thought that too but don't know if he has the possibility to test another PSU in the system.
    That HP, Dell and others most of the time have a not so good psu and he's got a 6800 card that needs some "juice"...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Wow, when reading all the posts after mine, it seems everyone is overthinking the problem. In my experience with troubleshooting, the first thing to do is elminate the possibilities. (especially the simple ones)
    So, I'll repeat my first post, check the video card first.
    Afterall, the 5 volt signal which allows a monitor to power-on comes from it.
    Swapping out a cheap card takes just a few minutes and will either pinpoint the problem or lead you in the direction to look for the problem.

Clearing the CMOS...CPU issues, I don't see how any of those can cause such a symptom in the first place. This is a power issue and they have nothing to do with providing [electrical] power to a graphics card(and consequently to the monitor).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    i had a cpu tht did tht what i did was kick the shit of of the side of it until it would turn off then i would turn it back on and it worked, i had to do this several times. haha

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by bikejumpr2020 View Post
    i had a cpu tht did tht what i did was kick the shit of of the side of it until it would turn off then i would turn it back on and it worked, i had to do this several times. haha
    You kicked a cpu?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123