Thread: help with bit torrent please

Question Mark

hi, this is my first attempt at downloading files using bit torrent,ive downloaded the software ok but when i try to download something i get a message saying "not enough space on this drive to save this torrent..i tried to d/l a single mp3 track but i get the same message...i checked out my c drive and it has 16.5 free space on it so i dont understand why i keep getting this no space message all the time...any idea what i might be the problem guy's...thanks theted

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The only thing I can think of is that you have your HDD partitioned to have a system partition, and a storage partition. If the system partition is full, and you haven't changed the directory where you save torrents and files to the storage partition, then you will most definately get this error.

It being full will give you alot of errors in general actually.

Edit: Is that 16.5GB or MBs? Alot of programs will auto-stop downloading when you've reached a point of being too low on space, which the is normally user defined.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 07-27-2006 at 05:02 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Try to use a different bittorent application or i suppose the partition thing should work...
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    hi, its still got 16.5 g.b. free space left on c drive,ive managed to d/l i mp3 track,but anything big it wont look at it...thank's theted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    If you were trying to download files larger than 4G, i would ask you if your hdd was FAT32 but you say that happens even with smaller files...
    What program are you using?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    hi bodygard,i'm using bit torrent program...thanks theted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by theted View Post
    hi bodygard,i'm using bit torrent program...thanks theted.
    I would advice you to try µtorrent. Maybe it's some bug related to bittorrent prog.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Throwing in a vote for Azureus...and keep that ratio up!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    better to try with mu-torrent or bittornado. I think BitTornado is the best

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I have had that too..and there was not enough space on my hard disc...the thing is the space you are using to download a torrent is sort of reserved in advance so to speak...so maybe you are downloading more larger torrents.. in which case you might not have enough space...erm..my vote goes for Azureus too..

16 GB's sounds a lot but it's not ...try an external hard disk, or burn some of your films and /or mp3s to disk.. then delete all unnecessary files ..then try again :>)

success...