Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rock Or Rap

rock anyday

2. Music   -   #102
    Some rap is okay, but I like rock a lot more.

3. Music   -   #103
    jetje's Avatar former star
    see our poll on genres.... Rock rulez in here sorry for the rappers...

4. Music   -   #104
    rock-rap would be nice...

5. Music   -   #105
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by technotaz@22 May 2003 - 21:17
    rock-rap would be nice...
    theres enough of this allready out, but i have to say it didnt went very well.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Music   -   #106
    The problem is that most people who listen to rap are clueless about music.

People that listen to rock often play an instrument, have some musical theory and know a little of older bands and all that. they also are more inclined to listen to other style of music.

People that listen to rap often play no instrument, have no musical theory (most cant even tell when jay-z sings girl girls girls he's completly out of tune and that everytime a rapper tries to sing he is... they dont realise it...) and they know nothing about older music. Most of them dont know that a lot of the rap beats are stolen from older rock songs. When they hear the original they're like "yall dogg tha shit is wack dude". also i havent met someone that listens to rap that also has a couple of jazz cd for exemple. They only listen to rap which makes their musical knowledge very limited in every way.

Bling bling I like rock best. Only place rap is ok is in a club or something like that, but even for dancing theres way better music.

7. Music   -   #107
    h1
    @Someone_Else
    I play an 3 instruments
    I have musical theory
    Most rap beats are not stolen from older rock songs
    I own many jazz/classical/rock/classic rock (i.e. beatles) cds, probably more than my rap cds
    jay-z does sing out of tune

@technotaz
    the roots, for one are rock-rap

@cabert
    say it, brother!

@adthomp
    i can respect your view on rock music as i like it too sometimes, but you really need to ditch your biased view of rap and start thinking more objectively about it. and yes, i also think you're just trying to impress everyone with your musical knowledge

btw pm me an ftp or d/l address for your freestyle i'd like to hear it

oh rap is god

edit: shitty spelling

8. Music   -   #108
    Originally posted by haxor41789@23 May 2003 - 00:14
    @Someone_Else
    I play an 3 instruments
    I have musical theory
    Most rap beats are not stolen from older rock songs
    I own many jazz/classical/rock/classic rock (i.e. beatles) cds, probably more than my rap cds
    jay-z does sing out of tune

@technotaz
    the roots, for one are rock-rap

@cabert
    say it, brother!

@adthomp
    i can respect your view on rock music as i like it too sometimes, but you really need to ditch your biased view of rap and start thinking more objectively about it. and yes, i also think you're just trying to impress everyone with your musical knowledge

btw pm me an ftp or d/l address for your freestyle i'd like to hear it

oh rap is god

edit: shitty spelling
    well i said most people that listen to rap. You're the exceptions and theres not many people like you. And yes so many songs have sample from older rock songs or have the melody took from odler songs. They even steal beats from one another in rap........

9. Music   -   #109
    porkshit
    dudes, this topic is so dead. if you want to discuss it further pm each other or something

10. Music   -   #110
    I don't mind Rap, But i do love Rock
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast