Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonoid popups

Poi808's Avatar surfer
    Are you guys getting hit with popups at Demonoid? I signed up about 2 weeks ago and been getting popups from intelliton.com. I did a search on Intelliton and found out that it is a malware. I cleaned my pc, ran hijackthis, and everything was cool. But when I returned to Demonoid, there they are again...

When I searched "popups at Demonoid" here I found nothing. There are also a couple of threads at Demonoid's forum about this issue but not many responses.

So, are popups normal at Demonoid? If they are I might consider not to continue being a member.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    or use firefox instead as a browser

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poi808's Avatar surfer
    I'm considering that as firefox is so secure.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Even ie has a pop blocker, so unless you're very lax on updates the issue shouldn't be the browser.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poi808's Avatar surfer
    Popup blocker and auto Windows updates enabled with IE.

I installed Firefox and I'm running it now. So far no popups while browsing at Demonoid, and get this...this forum loads so much faster! Browsing with IE was painfully slow for me, but with Firefox it's so much faster.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Any popups on Safari

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    No pop ups here, though I block ads with the HOSTS file and I also use firefox.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I've never had any popups on Demonoid but then I use FF with the adblocker plugin not IE. Though it could be somthing you downloaded from Demonoid as I got hit with a very stubborn virus from an exe I downloaded from there about a week ago I'm only just getting everything backto normal. but thats what you get from a tracker that's got so much unregulated torrents on it so what the hell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poi808's Avatar surfer
    I haven't downloaded anything yet. When I activated my account I started to lurk to get a feel of the site then after a few minutes...bam! I don't think I'm going to remain a member, it's just not worth it I guess, especially since I got into TL today.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Demonoid has some of the most annoying banner ads I've ever seen. The best one was a simple add that flashed from white to red reaaly fast several times a second. Soooo glad I don't suffer from epilepsy. Even without it I thought my head was going to explode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast