Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cease Fire !

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer
    They are fighting a better propaganda war, aided by certain powerful individuals who control the media and want to sway world affairs.

Nice one man

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".
    It's hard to believe how you can casually overlook a word that I was so careful not to omit in my original post, nevertheless I made this nice picture for you,

I hope you find it helpful, and I would also like to share with you a little gem I found on dictionary.com -

sup·posed Audio pronunciation of "supposed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-pzd, -pzd)
    adj.

1. Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
    2. Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
    1. Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
    2. Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
    3. Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    and last but not least, my original quote:

Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    This is how, Hezbollah can attack during a supposed cease fire, and still have people thinking "wow, I can't believe how unreasonable Israel is acting".
    Last edited by MediaSlayer; 08-07-2006 at 05:52 AM.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    It's hard to believe how naive you appear. There isn't a cease fire, Israel has publicly announced it isn't going to stop because it "hasn't finished its business".

As for your inference that the media are supporting Hezbollah, most Western sources blame Hezbollah for starting this conflict - that Hezbollah was at fault for capturing two members of an illegal Israeli snatch squad (except they always omit the bit about it being a snatch squad), or that Hezbollah was at fault for firing rockets into Israel in response to Israeli bombing raids (except they always omit the bit about the bombing raids).

In any case, I can't see any reason why Hezbollah would have any truck with such a one-sided resolution. If accepted it gives Israel the green light to continue its action as long as they define them as defensive measures, while Hezbollah has to bear everything that comes their way. And once Hezbollah is disarmed, who's going to take action against Israel when they break the resolution (and they will, because they always do). The French are supposedly going to be leading any international force in the area, will we see them undertaking bombing raids on Israel? I don't think so.

It's only purpose is to attempt to put Hezbollah in a bad light when they reject it out-of-hand, and give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing. America will have blood on its hands once again, yet doesn't seem to have the wit to see that this can only lead to more international terrorist action. The only hope is that one of the other permanent members of the security council exercises their veto, but it doesn't seem likely.
    Again, maybe Ebola should stop fucking with Azrael. I agree that the measure was rather one sided though. Israel can just redefine their defense as being a good offense (which is partially true).

As long as Ebola is around they will probably fuck with Azrael. Who knows?
    How about if Israel stop fucking with Hezbollah? Of course, they wont, they just want to keep stirring the pie so that they get more of your tax dollars.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...give Israel the green light to continue its attempts at ethnic cleansing...
    First I've heard of that...

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?
    The Israeli ambassador to the UN, stated that it was Israel's intention to remove Hezbollah. More forceful members of their government put it as "wiping them from the face of the earth".

You should read more than your neocon blogs, you might just work out what's really happening in the world.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    It's hard to believe how you can casually overlook a word that I was so careful not to omit in my original post, nevertheless I made this nice picture for you,

I hope you find it helpful, and I would also like to share with you a little gem I found on dictionary.com -

sup·posed Audio pronunciation of "supposed" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-pzd, -pzd)
    adj.

1. Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence.
    2. Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.
    1. Required: He is supposed to go to the store.
    2. Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.
    3. Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.
    I didn't miss it at all, it's a nonsense word given the situation. Look at your own definition:

1. It isn't presumed to be true or real, it is totally denied by Israel.
    2. It isn't intended to do anything, it doesn't exist.
    3. It isn't believed or expected, Israel have said it isn't happening.

I can't comment on what Hezbollah might think of the possibility, they have only said they won't stop while Israel are attacking.

Seems to me you just wanted an excuse to twist the facts and make a comment that denigrates Hezbollah. Just like your president and our prime minister in fact. Have you thought of running for office? I can't see how you could do a worse job than the current lot.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

First I've heard of that...

Would this be some sort of multi-ethnic cleansing?
    The Israeli ambassador to the UN, stated that it was Israel's intention to remove Hezbollah. More forceful members of their government put it as "wiping them from the face of the earth".

You should read more than your neocon blogs, you might just work out what's really happening in the world.
    I must here interject that I do not read blogs of any type or sort; nary a one.

As to television media, I split my time pretty much 70%-30% between FOXNEWS and the Beeb's "for export" world news.

I know what's going on, and I have my point-of-view, as do you.

I've heard Israel's statements vis a vis Hezbollah.

I don't think "Hezbollah" qualifies as an ethnicity, and, as I count them as no different than any other terrorist organization, I find the very thought of saving "the good ones" supremely silly.

Again, my POV.

Yours is different.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Israel seems to think of them as an "ethnicity", specifically Shi'te Muslims.

However, in the absence of any handy shi'ites.. anyone in Lebanon will do at the moment.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12