Thread: Trust

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its funny what one does for people , then get you get shit on.
    Example we had a young fellow stay at our home this weekend , found a few little things missing after he had left .

My wife's perfume is missing , both bottles . Why would one steal from the hand that feeds you ? Can't describe how I feel except maybe violated or sick at heart . The young fellow has problems at home ,so we gave him a key to come here when he needs an escape from the abuse he suffers at home .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-07-2006 at 05:17 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Better change your locks, Peat.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    No wonder he has problems at home.

Do you still believe that there is real abuse from the parents?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post

Well he came out of the closet to his parents and they have a problem with it , beatings are a com man occurrence lately it seems . My wife and I just wanted him to have a safe place to come to , with his parents permission of cource .

I'v never met the parents but gave them our phone number and address so they would n't worry . They dropped him off many times to visit my daughter who's a schoolmate .

5. Lounge   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post

Well he came out of the closet to his parents and they have a problem with it , beatings are a com man occurrence lately it seems . My wife and I just wanted him to have a safe place to come to , with his parents permission of cource .

I'v never met the parents but gave them our phone number and address so they would n't worry . They dropped him off many times to visit my daughter who's a schoolmate .
    I'd drop an ultra-heavy hint about things missing, specifically mentioning those items, then leave things as they are, not withdrawing support.

Better for you, better for him, peat.

Fact.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

I'd drop an ultra-heavy hint about things missing, specifically mentioning those items, then leave things as they are, not withdrawing support.

Fact.

Easier said than done friend , seems a shame that his sexual orientation
    was such a big problem with the parents . Where as we tryed to be so supportive . Life is a long walk ,I try to be a good person myself .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-08-2006 at 12:14 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Its funny what one does for people , then get you get shit on.
    Example we had a young fellow stay at our home this weekend , found a few little things missing after he had left .

My wife's perfume is missing , both bottles . Why would one steal from the hand that feeds you ? Can't describe how I feel except maybe violated or sick at heart . The young fellow has problems at home ,so we gave him a key to come here when he needs an escape from the abuse he suffers at home .

8. Lounge   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Fact.

Easier said than done friend , seems a shame that his sexual orientation
    was such a big problem with the parents . Where as we tryed to be so supportive . Life is a long walk ,I try to be a good person myself .
    If you've offered genuine support (and I know you have), it should be accompanied by honest treatment on all fronts, don't you think?

As I said, your support remains, and you should make this clear-but unless you hold him to a reasonable standard (which has not a whit to do with his sexual orientation), your kind offer of sanctuary will not be all that it should be to him, you see?

Granting you may not see this as the time, but it might have the benefit of opening another less-stressful line of discussion.

Anyway, just my thought...you are helping the lad, in any case.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Yes, Peat, I am normally one to help others in any way I can, but sometimes it gets to a point where you have to balance that against the welfare of others in your family.

I would still suggest changing your locks.

Because that is what people would tell me. But I don't listen.

So.......good luck with this and I hope good will come of it for all involved.