Thread: Bittorent Error Message - Screenshot Included

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS

This is the error message I get when I try any bittorent download. I've even reinstalled the program. Any ideas?
    Proud member of MDS

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I dont know how to fix it , but I'm pretty sure there cant be such a directory.

C:\\....

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    this happens before the download even starts, right? when bittorrent is allocating disk space for the file it's about to download. this probably means that either you do something bad when chosing download directory, or perhaps that you don't have enough disk space.

well, that's what comes to my mind anyway. might be something completley different!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ok, I'm lost. I installed bitorrent. I click on files, any file, there is a short pause, then the error message you see above. I've got 8 gigs free on my drive, so space isn't an issue. I want to point out that I didn't choose that directory, whatever it is, that's where bitorrent wants to put my files.
    Proud member of MDS

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    you are using bittorrent 3.0.2 right? see if installing the latest version, 3.2.1 helps.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    I get that sometimes, when I don't get to choose where to put the download. What I do then, is save the .torrent to disk and run it locally, that has worked everytime so far.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by ugluk@4 May 2003 - 19:38
    you are using bittorrent 3.0.2 right? see if installing the latest version, 3.2.1 helps.
    I'm using 3.2.1 right now, or should I say, trying to use it. After I click on a bittorrent link, I don't get any popup for where I want the file saved, just that error message above. Also, the installer didn't let me configure anything, nothing that would allow me to setup a download folder.
    Proud member of MDS

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    about the only thing the install does is to associate .torrent files with btdownloadgui, nothing else. try what danne says. right click the torrent link and save it to disk. then double click the torrent file. (would be whatever.torrent and about 5kB big.)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    what i did was make a folder on desktop before opening a d/l file . then when i started a d/l i got a box asking where i wanted to put the d/l and i put it in the file on my desktop you can name it what you want to . i just named my as bit torrent . it worked for me ok.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    well you can try two diffrent options from the current original client

one an experimental client
    http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/

or you could try
    a beta version of shareaza which now includes bittorent
    http://www.shareaza.com