Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Writer Speed Downgraded

Question Mark

HI
    I just bought Seagate 250 GB internal HD and installed by myself.Now after installing hard drive, my LG Lightscirbe Dvd writer is only writing max 8x speed.I always use Verbatim 16x DVD-r but now when i put Verbatim on a dvd drive,its not detecting it,It says media not present.

Before i install this new Hard drive i had no problem with 16x DVD-R

Help pls

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Bad & or loose cable(s) imo. I mean you just changed hardware right?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is it writing at 8X or not detecting the media? It can't be both.

Is the new drive IDE? Is it connected to the same cable as the burner?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 08-07-2006 at 03:41 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hi
    i check the cable its perfect.well when i put hp 8x speed dvd-r..its writing but when i put verbatim 16x dvd-r ..its not detecting.i think i m gonna check my writer in different computer.lets c

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is the new drive IDE? Is it connected to the same cable as the burner?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sounds like Master/Slave jumpering is incorrect, I think VB suspects the same.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Most likely as Lynx says but if not try checking in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers in device manager and set all your drives to DMA, not PIO.

Jonno

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaborfla View Post
    hi
    i check the cable its perfect.well when i put hp 8x speed dvd-r..its writing but when i put verbatim 16x dvd-r ..its not detecting.i think i m gonna check my writer in different computer.lets c
    do you mean, the whole problem here is that its not detecting the 16x dvd-r, does it still write to it? You need to be clear, if it is not a media problem than its most likely what lynx and vb are saying. The jumpers need to be changed, or the both drives need to be on separate cables

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Most new hard drives come with the jumper on master, if his rom drive was the master when he added the new hard drive to the middle IDE connector on the ribbon, and he doesn't seem to acknowlege the jumper, I'd say you guys have hit the nail on the head. It doesn't even have to be on the same ribbon to cause problems with the rom drive. So...

jajaborfla, Your motherboard has two IDE connectors, a Primary (your original hard drive will be on that) and a Secondary. Each has its own ribbon and the end connector of the ribbon is always for Mastered devices so the middle connector is for slaves. Each of your drives (both hard and rom) has a set of jumpers on the back near where the power connects. A jumper is a little rectangular piece of plastic that shorts out two pins to indicate the drives status. Usually on top of the drive is a legend that shows you which pins are for what. When a drive is connected to the terminating end of the ribbon it must be set to master and if you connect it with the middle connector is must be set to slave by the directions on the top of the drive. As long as you did not swap any other drives and their respective connectors then all you have to do is to change the jumper on your new hard drive.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    I think he said 2 times that its writing. If its writing slower it can be that your writer is getting out of duty. Or maybe u have a spyware or maybe u got too many things(disks) plugged on power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast