Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Demo out now. I'm at work at the moment so I can't try it 'til I get home. Even then, the demo is 1.5 GB so it'll be a while before I get to play.

So anyone tried it yet? Impressions?

2. Games   -   #2
    Looks a bit like Oblivion. I'll give it a try.

3. Games   -   #3
    Indeed it does, but I'm assured it's quite different. Much more of an action/FPS type feel and you use the environment a lot to make your kills.

It's also on the Source engine, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, especially compared to the very messy and inefficient Oblivion engine(s).

4. Games   -   #4
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    1.5 gig or something for the demo? Jesus, why can't they release the demo through steam?

That would cut down on the amount of files needed to be downloaded in the first place, for those that have steam...

Still looking forward to it, but since me and my ISP disagree about what is a "Fair Usage" policy I have to pass, for now..

5. Games   -   #5
    If Elder Scrolls of oblivion had some of the features that are being implemented in this game it would be the Ultimate Game!
    Feature such as Different sword moves depending if you move forward backward etc.
    The fire arrows idea when you put the close to fire. smashing objects.
    Kicking your opponents of the edge or on spikes walls.
    The fire spell as well as fire arrows cause wooden Things to catch fire.
    Cutting their Heads, feets, hands etc off!
    Lifting and throwing crates and other stuff on your opponents causes big damage!
    Use the environment better as your advantage.
    Also the blood to remaine on your sword.
    All these things where a great Idea.
    The demo though was very short and dark. Dunno if its gonna be always so dark, i had to increase the brightness to max.
    Also i din't like the way the character moves, the games play is pretty difficult and it may take time to get used to it. HUD may need some improvement.

Btw, 1.5GB for a demo that was so short; well i expect the game to be at least 4GB
    Last edited by Delorean; 08-10-2006 at 08:33 PM.

6. Games   -   #6
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Can anyone who's played it tell us how good it ran on their system? Is the performance similar to HL2 (though obviously a bit more demanding since it's new)?

7. Games   -   #7
    My System is 3.00GHz 1GB Ram 6600GT Graphics Card
    I have everything in High

Antialising off
    Antistrophic off/Billiniar
    1024 x 768 resolution

The runs quite smooth. But its take pretty Long time to load and some times it may lag. So i reduced the Shadow detail to low and something ealse to Medium and the game looks great and runs great.

However, its still a demo, they may make the game to run great evn with high quality graphics.

8. Games   -   #8
    It is more demanding than HL2, but the frame rate seems to drop severely in some odd places. I suspect (and hope) that there is still a decent amount of optimising to be done.

As for the demo, its very short but a hell of a lot of fun. The combat is very well done, and there are a milllion ways to kill. In fact, it seems a bit pointless using swords and bows when you can just kick the orcs into a fire and burn 'em Of course, decapitating is fun too.

Some really cool features tho, and it makes impressive use of the Source engine. The game gets a big thumbs up from me, and as long as there's a decent variety of environments in the full game I'll definitely be picking it up. I might even buy it instead of torrenting if the MP is any good.

edit: if you're familiar with the Source engine, you can noclip past the final trigger and actually fight the big ogre that is only a cutscene in the official demo. The AI isn't quite finished but it's fun and makes the demo last longer. You can also spawn extra monsters and give yourself extra weapons and spells, but I'll leave you to find out how for yourselves
    Last edited by Skillian; 08-11-2006 at 01:33 PM.

9. Games   -   #9
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    My System is 3.00GHz 1GB Ram 6600GT Graphics Card
    I have everything in High

Antialising off
    Antistrophic off/Billiniar
    1024 x 768 resolution

The runs quite smooth. But its take pretty Long time to load and some times it may lag. So i reduced the Shadow detail to low and something ealse to Medium and the game looks great and runs great.

However, its still a demo, they may make the game to run great evn with high quality graphics.
    I run the game at:
    1280x1024
    AA off
    AF 4x
    Everything on high
    HDR on

And with a bit of overclocking, i get 30-40fps avg, dropping to 20 fps during intense scenes.

Just goes to show how crappy the 6600GT is, even a X800gto pwns it.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

10. Games   -   #10
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    How do you get noclip to work? The console won't work, it is enabled and i've tried changing the key bound to toggle it but it still doesn't show up

-edit- Nevermind, got it.
    Last edited by mike45450; 08-11-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast