Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nra And Kazaa

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by balamm@8 May 2003 - 06:49
    Absolutely!! Their much better off in the hands of felons than law abiding citizens like most of us.

And it's much easier to overtake an unarmed country or to remove civil rights from an unarmed population!!

Right on Sadamm!!
    amen to that sarcasm!

for real... its well proven in the states here, that the states with concealed weapon laws, have a far lower violent crime rate, and even crime in general drops since such legislation has been in effect...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    The criminals who have nothing to lose aren't going to care about some gun laws, and they can get their guns from other places than wal-mart.

If somebody breaks into your house, and has a gun, you don't really have time to call the police. Sure you could probably attack him with a kitchen knife or a ball bat, and maybe piss him off before he shoots you, and your entire family dead.

Hey, that's just your vote though, and is understandable if you live in some little town with no crime. Living near Phoenix AZ (imagine LA, but a slight bit smaller, and packed with Hispanics). My vote is to keep my gun at my side at all times, and if somebody threatens my life with a deadly weapon, then I will protect myself with mine.

You know that show, "America's Most Wanted." with John Walsh, there are reinactments of vicious crimes on that show where the good guy is never armed. Do you know why they never show one where the good guy is armed? Could it have something to do with the good guy knowing his own house better than the bad guy, therefor eliminating the need for a manhunt of a criminal? If you honestly think that law obiding citizens shouldn't have guns, try watching that show (get your mommy's permission first little girl). Most guns used in crimes aren't legally owned by the killer anyway.

Ask me to turn in my gun and make myself defenseless, and I'll explain to you why your mother and grandmother are the same person.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    since you are so in favor of having gun, why don't we give a gun to everyone (adult, kid, grandparent, etc..) and see what happen.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Sooner
    I think all firearms should be banned, just like the guy who wrote the following speech:

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation
    has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future.

Adolph Hitler, 1935

NOT!

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Sooner@8 May 2003 - 16:29
    I think all firearms should be banned
    Welcome to planet earth, where man used weapons like rocks before he had even considered reading and writing. Fast forward 2000 years. Now we have guns. Hurry up and make them illegal before someone gets shot!

Prohibition doesn't work. They still teach that in school don't they?
    Proud member of MDS

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by Sooner@8 May 2003 - 21:29
    I think all firearms should be banned
    I always liked this saying...

WHEN FREEDOM IS OUTLAWED THEN ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE FREEDOM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Well there are lots of things that are outlawed, they can't all be considered "freedom".

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Skillian@9 May 2003 - 01:50
    Well there are lots of things that are outlawed, they can't all be considered "freedom".
    Ok then.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    anyone seen bowling for columbine??

a great arguement for 'the right to bear arms' in the 'land of the free!!'

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by jtbuffer@9 May 2003 - 10:01
    anyone seen bowling for columbine??

a great arguement for 'the right to bear arms' in the 'land of the free!!'
    Bowling For Columbine is fictionalized propoganda. That's right fictionalized. He edited Charlton Heston's speeches. He declared that the missile company was for military purposes, when it really was for non-violent civilian purposes. He made completely untrue statements and generated statistics out of thin air. Michael Moore is probably a pathological liar, and even worse, he's probably a pathological liar with an agenda.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast