Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to install windows 7

A really simple question; How would you do a clean install of Windows 7. I have Vista and I hate it, but I am not sure how to do anything but an upgrade.
    "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jibblet View Post
    A really simple question; How would you do a clean install of Windows 7. I have Vista and I hate it, but I am not sure how to do anything but an upgrade.
    I use my W7 DVD, boot from DVD, just format old partition then install W7

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    "I use my W7 DVD, boot from DVD, just format old partition then install W7"

If I format, does that not delete all my files/folders. Or is there a way of simply formatting all the Windows files?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If you install Windows on C:\ partition and you format it, ALL data in there will be lost. That means, your file and folder on C:\partition is deleted.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ok.
    1.i u have iso u need demon tools
    2.if its CD u need or boot or regular..
    3.intall all waiting and in the install is ask u Q like Language and more so just choose.
    4.after all the install u need active the win.. with and i have but i cant say the name.
    5 done u have win 7

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    There are literally hundreds of YouTube videos which offer great walk throughs. This one looks as good as any of them.

Last edited by Skiz; 11-24-2010 at 07:34 PM.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Many thanks, the info is much appreciated.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    the upgrade Is Good but the seven format Directly Is always better for your
    PC performance
    boot From DVD or convert the iso to usb bootable by one of the new tools(iso boot to usb)there is one from Microsoft

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I always recommend buying a new drive and keeping the old one intact for a while as a slave drive. That way you get a clean install of 7 on the new drive, and all your data including favorites and odd stuff will still be available. You would still have to reinstall all your programs but the config files and settings would still be copyable back over since Vista and 7 are sisters. Drives are fairly cheap these days and even if you have a laptop, if your not afaid to go inside, the old drive can be put into a usb external case. I hate to play around and lose my data, and with 1000gig drives under $100, what the hey!
    Last edited by Appzalien; 05-04-2010 at 03:57 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    When their is vista or norton antivirus installed on any computer I'm upgrading I make sure to go the extra step...

First I downloaded this and burn it to a cd
    http://killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

With this program it sets every value to a zero, completley reformating your harddrive.
    Just to make sure their is not one trace of vista or norten lol....

Then i pop in the windows 7 install disk and follow the installation menus that appear.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-06-2010 at 01:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast